Upgraded Trigger to less than 8lbs

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Upgraded Trigger to less than 8lbs

Post by carlson1 »

I have sold most of my guns except a few poly ones, but not a great a fan of those. I did purchase a S&W 327 pug for my EDC. I have a moon clip holder and a speed loader. I never was a fond of moon clips, but I am now.

I bought a Brownells trigger kit. I had already had tools from working on my J Frames. I wouldn’t say it was a snap, but very simple. My Lyman guage started out at over 11.99 lbs and went to “over.” After changing rebond spring and hammer spring in is now reading 6.6lbs - 7.2lbs DA. Happy with that.

Any tips or hints or really appreciated.

IMG_5122.jpeg
IMG_5121.jpeg
IMG_5123.jpeg

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Upgraded Trigger to less than 8lbs

Post by RoyGBiv »

My hand hurts just looking at those pictures. :lol:

Good looking wheelie though...
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Upgraded Trigger to less 8lbs

Post by carlson1 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:38 pm My hand hurts just looking at those pictures. :lol:

Good looking wheelie though...
You are right. Shooting 38’s is not a problem at all. After about 15-25ish .357 you have an ouch in the web of your hand because of the wood grips. I changed out the grips for better concealment. I have looked and looked for some rubber “boot” type grips, but so far out of luck. It is hard to find small grips for a N frame revolver.

I had Lobo Leather make me a moon clip pouch (similar to speed loader) for my belt. The speed of moon clips is a huge plus for me.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”