911 tape released - why we own guns!!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

israel67
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 911 tape released - why we own guns!!

Post by israel67 »

64zebra wrote:
israel67 wrote:I just remembered an exchange with the person on whose sofa I was sleeping when in Texas last month. I told her she needed to get a gun to protect herself. 'We don't need one .. you think Amarillo is overrun with crime?? You're wrong!!' was her response. :oops:

A couple of days later, two AM and I can't sleep. Here in France, not being sensitive to the cold, my windows are open three hundred and sixty-five days a year: I just love fresh air (insofar as we get any here in Paris ..). So anyway, I get up and open a small window in the kitchen, and finally get some zees.

Next morning, my hostess is making coffee and she sees the window. 'Who opened that?' she asks. 'I did,' I reply. 'What if someone had crawled in??' she asks. 'He might have had a gun!!' :fire

'But you said that Amarillo doesn't have crime ...' I replied.

When I go over there, I wanna get my two lovely and adored nieces into shooting. They've both already told me that they'll come to the range with me, but maybe they said that thinking, 'he'll never get over here except on vacation...'. They're in for a surprise. :thewave
I guess they don't pay attention to the news here then, I could give them some examples (maybe we could hit the range together when you're here :cool: )
I would like that very much. :)
שמע, ישראל: יהוה אלהינו, יהוה אחד

JDKRIEK
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JDKRIEK »

wow. she did good.

kept me on the edge of my chair.

thought for sure she wouldnt shoot in time

don't reason with your attacker, if you fear for your life, shoot until all movement stops
KIMBER SST UCII
NRA/HCA MEMBER

4/22/08 PACKET AT DPS
5/15/08 PIN, PACKET MAILED TO APPLICANT
5/22/08 EMAILED DPS
6/10/08 EMAILED REPRESENTATIVE
6/11/08 PROCESSING APPLICATION
7/03/08 APPLICATION COMPLETED - LICENSE ISSUED OR CERTIFICATE ACTIVE
7/10/08 PLASTIC IN HAND! 80 DAYS

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Hey that sounds familiar. We just heard that in class over the weekend. Definitely something that needs to be heard to get the point across about personal protection even inside your own home.

bigbear_98

Post by bigbear_98 »

Is there some tape missing at the end? I would like to hear the rest. It sounds like she shot two slow shots while he was banging on the door, then one when she starts yelling stop. Then it fades out. I would like to hear it up until the police got there.

getnit1

Post by getnit1 »

That is a pretty convincing audio of why we should be able to protect ourselves. I heard this one before along with another audio of a woman that did not have a gun. If you pay attention this woman is very calm as she is speaking to 911 dispatch because she knows she can protect herself. The other audio of the unarmed woman is screaming and hysterical.

ml1209

Post by ml1209 »

I don't need to be convinced but thanks for posting that.

iamomeed

Post by iamomeed »

thats nuts thanks for the post :cheers2:

BigRon

Post by BigRon »

If your wife and daughters are not trained in at least basic weapon handling skills, you are a failed husband and father. You have not equipped them to survive in the environment we live in.
God is so good to me.

Duty, Honor, Country

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

Every gun grabber should listen to this. The ones who think only the police and military need guns. The saying is true, 'when seconds count, the police are minutes away'.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Street2Peschel

Post by Street2Peschel »

My wife just listened to it. I hope it has the impact on her that it did on me.

Photoman

Post by Photoman »

Amazing tape. I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

p.s. For the life of me, I can't think of anyone that makes a three shot gun...

dolomiti

Post by dolomiti »

Incredible. Thanks for the post. :shock:
All men are equal before God: wisdom, talents, and virtue are the only difference between them - Napoleon

Sniper John

Post by Sniper John »

Thanks for sharing. Definately going to share that with my wife.

ExpatBen

Post by ExpatBen »

I'm a gun guy, Marine, and Government Security Contractor, I really don't mind putting down bad guys. I don't want my wife or loved ones to have to do it. If you haven't killed someone yet it stays with you, and haunts you forever (well 6 years and counting).

This lady did what needed to be done to protect herself, and good job for the friend that loaned her the gun.

Couple things that could keep your loved ones from having to do the same thing:
- Harden your doors, front and back
- Create a safe room in your house by putting in a solid core or steel door with a good dead bolt
- Get an alarm with a panic button (it may scare people off, probably not in this case but we should try everything we can before going to deadly force)
- If something happens previously, push the cops to do more (ask for more patrols, make friends with cops, call in favors from law enforcement, talk all the cops you meet and let them know what is happening)
- Let your neighbors and friends know if something happens and ask if they see something to call police (if you where this girl's neighbor would you have helped? as long as you know what is going on)

Don't get me wrong, this women did exactly the right thing. No one was hurt except the bad guy, and that's a blessing.

These tips may keep you loved ones from having to pull the trigger and live with the aftermath.

Stay safe,

Ben
http://www.ModernSelfProtection.com

Edmund Burke said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

RocTrac

Post by RocTrac »

The filter here at work wont let me play these. Can some one send to me in a file via e-mail?
RocTrac@sbcglobal dot net
Skiprr wrote:Charles and CompVest (and other instructors):

If you're like me, the editorializing--at least not all of it--in the video isn't something I'd like to show. I think the audio by itself, with no accompaniment, might actually be more powerful in a classroom. And of course, depending on the setup you have available, you can burn the audio to CD to play on a portable boom-box and not have to rely on PC speakers.

I captured the 911 call only and converted it to .WMA (common Windows media format) and .MP3 formats. You can right-click on the links below, then select "Save Target As" to download the files:

911-call_2007-11-17.wma - 1.3MB

911-call_2007-11-17.mp3 - 4MB
03/Oct 09- Class taken
05/Oct 09- Packet Mailed
05 1/2 Oct- Tapping fingers on desk waiting
04/Dec. 09- Plastic came in the Mail.
Primary Dan Wesson Valor
Secondary Kimber Crimson Carry II
Third XDm 9

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”