Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bdsnooks
Posts in topic: 2

Introduction

Post by bdsnooks »

Hi All,

I came across your forum from a post on "rec.guns", looks like a great start.

Although I'm in California, I spent about 25 years in the Dallas area until 1989.

I have just shut down my gunshop (Black Dog Enterprises) in the San Francisco bay area due to the bull that FFL's have to go through here!

If I can answer any CA questions, let me know----

I plan to move to NE Texas by hopefully April '05 and live the life of leisure.
:wink:

Colin

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Welcome

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Welcome to the forum and I hope to be welcoming you back to Texas in April. Thanks for volunteering your knowledge re: California. I'm not sure how much activity the "Other States" section will see in the coming weeks, but at least we now have a resource for California.

Thanks,
Chas.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Yep, Collin, I bet you are counting the days until you can vacate SF and get back to Tejas!

It sound like you left DFW about the time we thought the local economy could not get any worse, then it did. Fortunately, things picked up again, especially since the mid 1990s.

I built a little private indoor range southwest of Denton in conjuction with CHL law going into in 1995/1996. Never did apply for the FFL - and still don't think I want to ...

One bit of good news for ya. Last session of Legislature, they changed the law so that new residents no longer have to wait 6 months to apply for CHL.

357sig
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 357sig »

Colin, I know you must really be looking forward to comming back to Texas in April. I hope you make it. What part of Texas are you going to try to move to? Ken
"I live in peace, but I carry a piece anyway...."

Topic author
bdsnooks

introduction

Post by bdsnooks »

Thanks all for the welcome----

We're thinking about the Longview/Tyler/Athens area. My wife and I had a place in Farmersville (between Mckinney and Greenville) from 1981 until 1989 when we left. We also owned a glass & mirror shop in Dallas for about 13 years.

We just want a place with some land where I can go out and do some shooting without getting the neighbors all upset. :lol:

Colin

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Much of the land of in the Tyler/Longview/Athens area has become even more infested with feral hogs since you left. If your neighbor's are not already into guns, they may invite you over to try and dispatch pigs that are wreckin' their place. :wink:
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”