how many of you carry pepper spray

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
02transam
Posts in topic: 1

how many of you carry pepper spray

Post by 02transam »

i was thinking it would be nice to have an alternative to deadly force but still needed to incapacitate a bg. so how many of you carry pepper spray? if you do want kind? i personally was thinking about the kimber lifeact (i think thats what its called)

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: how many of you carry pepper spray

Post by seamusTX »

I do. Just a generic compact sprayer. I have never had to use it.

This topic was discussed a while back: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... =7&t=10501

- Jim

htxred

Post by htxred »

i carry pepper spray and a pocket knife. anything i can to prevent me from using my pistol.

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

I don't if the guy is close enough to be a threat to use pepper spray if he walks thru it you won't have enough time to draw,also ou may end up spraying yourself. And as far as a knife what's the difference if ya stab a guy or shoot him if you are legally justified shoot him theres less chance he will disarm you and use your own weapon on you.Just my .02
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

Wife and I do, and we are both upgrading to CHL. Our cannisters have CS gas in them with a UV or purple stain (?). We purchased them at ProDefense in Webster (Clear Lake area of Houston). Probably doesn't hurt to carry both items.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I carry Fox OC in the small pocket cansister for sub-deadly-force situations.
USAF 1982-2005

macktruckturner

Post by macktruckturner »

Not personally, no.
I am the Infantry, FOLLOW ME!

Blog, photo site, Flickr page

TxCHL holder, NRA Member (EPL program), Combat Veteran (3/3ID, OIF3/OIF5), Constitutionalist

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Several 4 oz. cans of Fox 5.3 tucked in here and there. It's the first physical defense layer.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

htxred

Post by htxred »

dukalmighty wrote:I don't if the guy is close enough to be a threat to use pepper spray if he walks thru it you won't have enough time to draw,also ou may end up spraying yourself. And as far as a knife what's the difference if ya stab a guy or shoot him if you are legally justified shoot him theres less chance he will disarm you and use your own weapon on you.Just my .02
cheaper in all aspects..
my $10 knife is easier and cheaper to replace if it happens to get "lost" while it sits in a bag as evidence.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

All 3 of us carry pepper & firearm. I carry a knife too.
Fox OC. Mine is the 2oz on my belt, Mom & Wife carry the small key chain one.
Pepper is for the time the old man might have to face empty hands street thug, parking lot panhandler that will not take no & wants to fight, ... that is not armed w/ deadly weapon.
Empty hands assailant a knife & lateral cuts on bicepts or forearm if standing, or thigh, calf, achillese tendon if on the ground (my personal prefference if possible) will definately disable & get him off you.
A lot easier to defend on the witness stand too than shooting him.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

longtooth wrote: Pepper is for the time the old man might have to face empty hands street thug, parking lot panhandler that will not take no & wants to fight, ... that is not armed w/ deadly weapon.
Empty hands assailant a knife & lateral cuts on bicepts or forearm if standing, or thigh, calf, achillese tendon if on the ground (my personal prefference if possible) will definately disable & get him off you.
A lot easier to defend on the witness stand too than shooting him.
:iagree:
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Jungle Work

Post by Jungle Work »

I carry OC and a Cell Phone to call 911. One I don't want to have to shoot anybody, but should the OC fail after calling 911, it will show the Grand Jury that I took intermediate steps before using deadly force or at least I was not wanting to just bust a cap in some perp's fourth point of contact. That I tooks steps and carried weapons to keep from using deadly force if at all possible. I'll even cry a little bit for the Grand Jury if that will help.

Jungle Work
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

I carry pepper spray most of the time. It has its uses.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

paadams

Post by paadams »

If they are that close and appear to be a threat I'll just draw my Glock27. I know it will work, and hopefully, just drawing it will end the confrontation. Probabably like some others here, I've stood in a room full of CS and IMHO, pepper spray won't stop someone that really means you harm. and on top of that you'd have to hit them square in the eyes for it to have any affect at all.

pedalman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pedalman »

FedEx dropped off my ASP Street Defender yesterday. I like the concept of the replacable inserts, and the fact that the aluminum body is so light, but still very strong.

It can ride inside my waistband and it doesn't feel bulky at all. A long time ago, I used to carry a Mini MagLite with my keys attached to the end in the same fashion. Feels like old times.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”