Gun Safety Rules

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

stingeragent
Banned

Re: Gun Safety Rules

Postby stingeragent » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:19 am

Didn't read all 9 pages of the thread but great advice. I personally when making sure any gun is not loaded is putting my finger in the barrel to make sure a round is not loaded. (when I say in the barrel I mean the end where the round goes in)

HKsig

Postby HKsig » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:23 am

That would be the chamber. :thumbs2:

Take Down Sicko

Postby Take Down Sicko » Sat May 14, 2016 8:01 pm

I have a question on gun safety. In Houston Tx the summers are brutal. Extremely hot and humid. When i get inside my car after its been parked in the sun for an hour or more i can't even touch the steering wheel without getting burned. So, being a new carrier i was wondering how safe it is when i leave my car parked all day in the hot sun with my weapon in my small gun vault with magazine loaded. Will it make bullets more sensitive and cause a self discharge from the heat? :patriot:

Pawpaw

Postby Pawpaw » Sat May 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Take Down Sicko wrote:I have a question on gun safety. In Houston Tx the summers are brutal. Extremely hot and humid. When i get inside my car after its been parked in the sun for an hour or more i can't even touch the steering wheel without getting burned. So, being a new carrier i was wondering how safe it is when i leave my car parked all day in the hot sun with my weapon in my small gun vault with magazine loaded. Will it make bullets more sensitive and cause a self discharge from the heat? :patriot:

That can be extremely dangerous! Once the ammo reaches about 400°F, they will explode!!!

Seriously, it's not a problem. ;-)
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin 1759

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Mrfriendly93

Postby Mrfriendly93 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Make sure if your holster is made of kydex it doesn't get left in the car as well. I also live in Houston, and after coming back to my car a few hours later my weapon was still cool to the touch(surprisingly), so I feel safe in saying you'll be good.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”