No longer patronizing Jason's Deli.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Re: No longer patronizing Jason's Deli.

Post by Abraham »

The posts I've made on this thread - or in general?

YabuUS

Post by YabuUS »

jdm wrote:
jdm wrote:I once saw some business cards that had on the front "No guns = No $". On the back it said something to the effect that CHL holders have passed a local and federal background check, have no felonies, no major misdemeanors, current on taxes, child support, and no wrote bad checks. "How much do you know about your other customers?"

The idea was to leave it with the manager of a place that posted no guns and hopefully make them think.

I googled around and haven't found where to order those cards, but I would like to carry some around.
After further googling I found some that were not TX specific:
http://equalforce.org/NoGunNoMoney.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://equalforce.org/documents/nogunno ... ostate.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I totally agree with jdm. CHL holders have been screened by all levels of government to a degree far exceeding the average citizen. CHL holders are "government certified good guys". I would think any business owner would be glad to have these people as customers.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

I totally agree with jdm. CHL holders have been screened by all levels of government to a degree far exceeding the average citizen. CHL holders are "government certified good guys". I would think any business owner would be glad to have these people as customers.
I totally agree! And I like the phrase in bold letters. I'll have to remember that! :clapping:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

jsimmons
Banned

Post by jsimmons »

I was in a burger joint in San Antonio that has what amounts to a "no unlicensed carry" sign. As long as you're licensed, you can conceal carry in the restaurant.
Took class, paid fees, changed my mind. I want constitutional carry.

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

The Jason's in my area has the "unlicensed" sign. So, since I'm licensed, I'm OK.

Which, to me, points out the futility in all of these signs. If I'm a law-abiding CCW, you should have nothing to fear from me. If I'm a criminal, I'm not going to read the sign!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

jsimmons wrote:I was in a burger joint in San Antonio that has what amounts to a "no unlicensed carry" sign. As long as you're licensed, you can conceal carry in the restaurant.
Most times these signs are required by law. It a TABC thing.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Count

Post by Count »

Liberty wrote:
jsimmons wrote:I was in a burger joint in San Antonio that has what amounts to a "no unlicensed carry" sign. As long as you're licensed, you can conceal carry in the restaurant.
Most times these signs are required by law. It a TABC thing.
They're required to post the weapons sign if they sell alcohol for off premises consumption, or on premises consumption if alcohol is 50% or less. The signs are a reminder that UCW goes from a misdemeanor outside to a felony inside.
The information in this message is not provided in the course of a client relationship and is not intended as legal, accounting, or other professional advice.

HK4U

Post by HK4U »

The thing is a sign that does not meet the 30.06 requirements will not stop any CHL holder from entering an establishment because CHL holders know they carry no weight. If it is not the "official sign" I just ignore it. If it is the 30.06 sign I will take my business elsewhere.

TDDude
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TDDude »

will this thread ever die?????

:smilelol5: :anamatedbanana :bigmouth :leaving :thumbs2: :biggrinjester: :rolll :woohoo "rlol" :thewave

AND THE ICE CREAM IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

Rcheas

Post by Rcheas »

The Jason’s Deli here in Tyler has the official signage up but only for 30.07 open carry. So concealed is permitted.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

On 09/09/2009 TDDude wrote:will this thread ever die?????
On 12/04/2017 the question was answered when Rcheas wrote:The Jason’s Deli here in Tyler has the official signage up but only for 30.07 open carry. So concealed is permitted.
Thread necromancy at its finest....... :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I thought Purplehood was back at first...
Psalm 91:2

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Zombie thread.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote:Zombie thread.
Nuke it from orbit? :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”