No longer patronizing Jason's Deli.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Purplehood
Posts in topic: 8

No longer patronizing Jason's Deli.

Post by Purplehood »

I was walking into my local Jason's Deli the other day with my brother and his wife, when I noticed a sign next to the entrance with the ghostbusters thingie over a pistol that in effect, said,

"Firearms prohibited".

I pointed the sign out to my brother and his wife, stated that I would no longer be patronizing that establishment and we went elsewhere. No argument from either of them. They fully agreed.

I don't care if the sign is legal or not. They obviously don't need my business/patronage.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Ace_Inthe_O
Posts in topic: 5

Re: No longer patronizing Jason's Deli.

Post by Ace_Inthe_O »

If the sign isn't legal thats great. I can understand not giving money to companies who force me to disarm with a legal 30.06 but if they have some stupid gun buster sign who cares.
"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Ace_Inthe_O wrote:If the sign isn't legal thats great. I can understand not giving money to companies who force me to disarm with a legal 30.06 but if they have some stupid gun buster sign who cares.
I do.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

ricor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ricor »

Have you ever though those ghostbuster signs are more for appeasing the PC crowd rather than set up to restrict CHL's? Just a thought!

Lonestar 48
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lonestar 48 »

Purple, the only other thing you might do would be to get an email address for that store or their corporate office and voice your reason for not eating there. I think until we do more of that, many businesses won't have a clue about the impact of their ways concerning legal firearms on their bottom line. I know I always feel better when I don't frequent some store or restaurant with whom I don't agree policy wise, but I feel even better when I let them know the why. Sometimes I even get a response!

Some of the posters in this forum already do this, but we should get more of us to do it.
Mailed App Aug 11
Rec'd PIN Aug 18
S Swanston

Ace_Inthe_O

Post by Ace_Inthe_O »

Lonestar 48 wrote:Purple, the only other thing you might do would be to get an email address for that store or their corporate office and voice your reason for not eating there. I think until we do more of that, many businesses won't have a clue about the impact of their ways concerning legal firearms on their bottom line. I know I always feel better when I don't frequent some store or restaurant with whom I don't agree policy wise, but I feel even better when I let them know the why. Sometimes I even get a response!

Some of the posters in this forum already do this, but we should get more of us to do it.

Why would you alert them to a sign or policy that effects no one? Let them put up a sign to appease the sheeple. I would imagine their policy doesn't stem from some deep hate and fear of firearms it probably just to be PC.
"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Lonestar 48 wrote:Purple, the only other thing you might do would be to get an email address for that store or their corporate office and voice your reason for not eating there. I think until we do more of that, many businesses won't have a clue about the impact of their ways concerning legal firearms on their bottom line. I know I always feel better when I don't frequent some store or restaurant with whom I don't agree policy wise, but I feel even better when I let them know the why. Sometimes I even get a response!

Good idea, sir. I just sent an e-mail to their corporate folks. If I get a response, I will advise.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

jdm

Post by jdm »

I once saw some business cards that had on the front "No guns = No $". On the back it said something to the effect that CHL holders have passed a local and federal background check, have no felonies, no major misdemeanors, current on taxes, child support, and no wrote bad checks. "How much do you know about your other customers?"

The idea was to leave it with the manager of a place that posted no guns and hopefully make them think.

I googled around and haven't found where to order those cards, but I would like to carry some around.

jdm

Post by jdm »

jdm wrote:I once saw some business cards that had on the front "No guns = No $". On the back it said something to the effect that CHL holders have passed a local and federal background check, have no felonies, no major misdemeanors, current on taxes, child support, and no wrote bad checks. "How much do you know about your other customers?"

The idea was to leave it with the manager of a place that posted no guns and hopefully make them think.

I googled around and haven't found where to order those cards, but I would like to carry some around.
After further googling I found some that were not TX specific:
http://equalforce.org/NoGunNoMoney.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://equalforce.org/documents/nogunno ... ostate.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

Ace_Inthe_O wrote:Why would you alert them to a sign or policy that effects no one? Let them put up a sign to appease the sheeple. I would imagine their policy doesn't stem from some deep hate and fear of firearms it probably just to be PC.
I disagree. I do not think they are doing it to be PC and see no reason to feel that way. Why would you think they put a sign up telling you to stay away just to appease a bunch of other people who rpobably would never notice? I prefer to believe they put the sign up for its stated purpose, to keep out people who are legally carrying. I think the sign may not meet our state's legal requirements because the sign meets the requirements of the state the headquarters is in and most people naturally assume their states laws apply universally. Most people do not even realize it is just a state law that only applies in the one state.

So, I feel like they put up a sign in an attempt to infringe on MY rights and I am not going to let them off on it. Even if they did it to appease the sheeple, why should I allow anyone to infringe on my rights like that? They have publicly stated that they do not want my kind in their business, so I do my best to agree and stay away. I had not noticed it at Jason's before, but will start looking there too.
Steve Rothstein

Ace_Inthe_O

Post by Ace_Inthe_O »

jdm wrote:
jdm wrote:I once saw some business cards that had on the front "No guns = No $". On the back it said something to the effect that CHL holders have passed a local and federal background check, have no felonies, no major misdemeanors, current on taxes, child support, and no wrote bad checks. "How much do you know about your other customers?"

After further googling I found some that were not TX specific:
http://equalforce.org/NoGunNoMoney.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://equalforce.org/documents/nogunno ... ostate.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link good info. These are great for places you CANT carry not ones that just post gun buster signs.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

I sure hope you didn't educate the corporate office about the legal requirements! I like Jason's Deli. If they go do the research and put up a 30.06 sign because of you, I will be upset with you and not them. The whole point of the legal requirements of the 30.06 sign is to make businesses who really want to prohibit CHL have to work for it. The Legislature's intent is for CHLs to be able to carry legally almost everywhere.

Wasn't there an incident a few years back where someone wrote a letter to a company about a non-compliant sign the net effect of which was that the business took down the non-compliant sign and put up a compliant one instead?
Byron Dickens

Ace_Inthe_O

Post by Ace_Inthe_O »

bdickens wrote:I sure hope you didn't educate the corporate office about the legal requirements! I like Jason's Deli. If they go do the research and put up a 30.06 sign because of you, I will be upset with you and not them. The whole point of the legal requirements of the 30.06 sign is to make businesses who really want to prohibit CHL have to work for it. The Legislature's intent is for CHLs to be able to carry legally almost everywhere.

Wasn't there an incident a few years back where someone wrote a letter to a company about a non-compliant sign the net effect of which was that the business took down the non-compliant sign and put up a compliant one instead?
:iagree:

Lonestar 48
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lonestar 48 »

I think that is the wrong approach. If we live by the credo "I hope they don't know how to ban us legally", then we are doomed to be banned anyway. To me, it would be better to communicate with businesses and try to pursuade them that CHL folks are valued customers, and that we are no greater risk to them or their customers than any of the other people who patronize their business. Sure, that is a lot more work and effort, but considering all the work and effort that we go through to have and maintain our right to carry a weapon, it shouldn't be too great of a task.

Besides, if you really love Jason's Deli, you can still go there...just leave your weapon locked in your car.
Mailed App Aug 11
Rec'd PIN Aug 18
S Swanston

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Why should I leave my weapon locked in the car? What purpose does that serve?
Byron Dickens

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”