Moderator: carlson1

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Re: No longer patronizing Jason's Deli.

Post by Liberty »

flb_78 wrote:
Liberty wrote:
flb_78 wrote:
I don't have a weapon, I have a handgun.
Huh???
:headscratch
In our CHL class, we were not allowed to use the term "weapon" because somewhere in buried in the laws, the term weapon is defined as "an item whose sole purpose is to harm or kill" or something close to that. I can't find it now.
I'm sorry but that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. "rlol"

Why would any one want to conceal carry 2 lbs of metal on their hip and carry it all day if they didn't want a weapon handy.

Where do they come up with this stuff?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

Liberty wrote:
flb_78 wrote:In our CHL class, we were not allowed to use the term "weapon" because somewhere in buried in the laws, the term weapon is defined as "an item whose sole purpose is to harm or kill" or something close to that. I can't find it now.
I'm sorry but that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. "rlol"
You've never been on the pointy end of a legal prosecution or civil suit, I take it?

Words mean things. I don't carry any weapons. Criminals intending harm to other people carry weapons; I carry a gun, and usually a knife.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Well said KB

There is no doubt that a handgun can be a weapon but it can be a sporting tool as well. It is a good habit in my estimation to call it a firearm.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

CompVest wrote:Here is another take on the issue of a business posting a "no gun" sign whether valid or not.

I believe I have a right to carry and I believe others have the right not to carry if they choose. I honor their right just as I expect them to honor mine. Therefore, if I wish to patronize a store that does not agree with me, I do so. I don't expect them to change but if they do great! I don't allow a differing of opinion to keep me from going where I want. It would be the same if I were to post my store with a sign saying "Please carry your gun here" and then have to put up with someone telling how wrong my sign is.
You been reading my book??? "rlol"

Just love it when folks think alike!!!

I just happen to know about this little Pizza place that is about the safest, most protected place one evening a week up your way...SHOOTER READY! :thumbs2:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Rugrash

Post by Rugrash »

I'm supposed to meet my Dad for lunch at Jason's on Shepherd/Westheimer on Monday, so I'll be sure to check their signage. I'm not a big fan of the place personally, but hey it's a free meal. If they do have the right sign I'll simply walk across the street to the Brown Bag or goto Kahn's Deli in the Village.

-Rug

Rugrash

Post by Rugrash »

The Shepherd/Westheimer location does not have any busters nor 30.06 signs. They just have the regular TABC (Unlicensed) ones.

-Rug

Kythas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kythas »

Many stores are required by their insurance companies to put up the gunbusters type signs. I don't think it's being PC on the store's side, but the insurance company's side. A place of business must have insurance and insurance companies place many requirements on businesses before they'll issue a policy.

I believe this is all many of the gunbusters type signs are. The only ones I care about are the valid 30.06 signs and I'll go out of my way to not frequent those businesses unless I can't avoid it.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Topic author
Purplehood
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Purplehood »

I drove by the same Jason's the other day and noted a new sign (Unlicensed possession of...). I was quite pleased and plan on revisiting soon.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Lonestar 48 wrote:Purple, the only other thing you might do would be to get an email address for that store or their corporate office and voice your reason for not eating there. I think until we do more of that, many businesses won't have a clue about the impact of their ways concerning legal firearms on their bottom line. I know I always feel better when I don't frequent some store or restaurant with whom I don't agree policy wise, but I feel even better when I let them know the why. Sometimes I even get a response!

Some of the posters in this forum already do this, but we should get more of us to do it.
Yeah...GREAT IDEA!!!! Maybe inform them of how they can keep CHL's from carrying on the property.

You guys need to ease up with the grand standing on gun buster signs. THEY DON"T APPLY TO US!!!! RELAX>>>QUIT MAKING A STENCH WHERE THERE IS NONE. It very well may backfire on you and you will see a 30.06 sign there the next time you go.

I don't get it. You went to the trouble of getting a CHL and you want to cry because the establishment doesn't want non-CHL's toting a gun into the place???? Makes no sense what so ever!!!

Please don't help the rest of us by educating establishments on the proper way to keep us out.

TDDude
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TDDude »

Man, I love Jason's!!

It's NOT posted, the food is always fresh, FREE ICE CREAM, and I can feed my entire family of 5 for around 30 bucks.

What was the question? I think I posted this exact same thing about a hundred posts ago on this same thread!!
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

03Lightningrocks

LOL...I didn't realize it was a resurrected thread.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:LOL...I didn't realize it was a resurrected thread.
"The Lazarus Factor"

:thumbs2:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

03Lightningrocks

stevie_d_64 wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:LOL...I didn't realize it was a resurrected thread.
"The Lazarus Factor"

:thumbs2:
No doubt. The thread was actually dead longer than he and Jesus combined. :lol:: And it sure as tootin isn't going to rise to the heavens.

Topic author
Purplehood
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Purplehood »

Sorry. I searched and searched but couldn't find the "Post by Date". Besides, I drove by the place days ago and noticed the NEW sign months after I originated the thread.
You are making me cranky, stop it.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Free Ice Cream? As in, you can walk in off the street and help yourself?

Or, if you buy something first, which of course makes it...not free, just less costly.

This is one of pet peeves. That is, when stuff is touted as free when it's not. It's something of an old marketing scam. Here's one of my favorite types: Buy 3 bars of soap and the 4th is free, for only 1 dollar. Ah, no. It's simply and only 4 for .25 cents each. It may very well be a good deal, but it AINT free!

Now, get off my lawn!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”