No longer patronizing Jason's Deli.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

jlangton
Posts in topic: 3

Re: No longer patronizing Jason's Deli.

Post by jlangton »

anygunanywhere wrote:How many of these folks who talk to these business owners also make it a habit to talk to their congresscritters on a regular basis since those critters do more in one day to affect their lives than all of the signs on all of the doors in Texas?

BTW, had Jason's Deli delivered to the plant today. The delivery guy was unarmed when he entered the control room. The mufalata was delicious.

Anygunanywhere
I actually have an appointment with my State Rep next week to discuss ideas on clearing up the CHL circus going on at the DPS HQ,amongst other things.
JL
"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
-Thomas Jefferson.

6/14/08-CHL Class
10/15/08-Plastic in Hand

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Post by troglodyte »

I also wonder if having the sign will "tack on" charges if someone holds them up with a firearm. It may not be a statement against CHLs since they may know it doesn't apply to us but it may give them more legal ground for someone illegally carrying. IANAL so what do I know, just a thought.

TDDude
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TDDude »

Guys, if I stayed away from every business that had that silly ghostbusters sign, I wouldn't be able to do business with anyone.

Jasons had a manager murdered in the store I frequent at 1960 & Jones in Houston. Some suspects were arrested in San Antonio but I don't know if they were convicted. All that happened back in 2004 and the signs haven't changed.

Jasons is my favorite restaraunt. I can feed my entire family of 5 for under $30.00 and it's great food. If a 30.06 sign goes up, I'll raise a stink with management but considering their history, I'm sure they are well aware of the signage and welcome legal gun carriers.

:txflag: :patriot:
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

dawgfishboy

Post by dawgfishboy »

Lonestar 48 wrote:Besides, if you really love Jason's Deli, you can still go there...just leave your weapon locked in your car.
:nono: ...Never Again

flb_78
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flb_78 »

Lonestar 48 wrote:just leave your weapon locked in your car.
I don't have a weapon, I have a handgun.
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ironsights

Post by ironsights »

Criminals will carry no matter what sign you have...If the sign says free BLT to those not carrying firearms you will only give free BLT's to those carrying illegal firearms. As much as I want a BLT right now, my wife will not let me eat bacon, but she will let me defend my country. Do not be afraid of your fellow citizen for he is here to defend you from your corrupt fellow citizen. Crime statistics prove it. (Look at what England did to itself)

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

flb_78 wrote:
Huh???
:headscratch
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Lonestar 48
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lonestar 48 »

flb_78 wrote:
Merriam states that a weapon is something used to injure, defeat, or destroy. I would put my weapon to use under any of these meanings. Not sure what the intent of your reply was.

As far as leaving the weapon in the car, this gives you an option. When you eliminate options, your actions are limited. In this case, if a person was banned from Jason's because of their carry status, they would have options. If that person chose not to patronize Jason's, then they have eliminated one option. It is good to have options, but we each have to decide what options we want to have.
Mailed App Aug 11
Rec'd PIN Aug 18
S Swanston

mr.72

Post by mr.72 »

I don't patronize Jason's Deli because once I ate there and was sick for several days, and not much later they were the subject of a huge food poisoning outbreak in Austin including numerous stores and catering from JD. I am not the only person I know who quit going there for this reason.

Is there anyone else on this forum who thinks that the quality and value of a business's product is at least as important as their gun-carrying policy?
non-conformist CHL holder

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

mr.72 wrote:I don't patronize Jason's Deli because once I ate there and was sick for several days, and not much later they were the subject of a huge food poisoning outbreak in Austin including numerous stores and catering from JD. I am not the only person I know who quit going there for this reason.

Is there anyone else on this forum who thinks that the quality and value of a business's product is at least as important as their gun-carrying policy?
Yes, it is. But I eat there two, three times a year (not one real convient to work or home) and have never had a problem with quality and value.

So far, there's many more places I've stopped patronizing because of quality going downhill (or never existing) than having a 30.06 sign, but I'd have to have an overriding reason to continue to do business with one that posted. Much as I enjoy my food (which you'd know if you looked at the Wally Walk pictures), that's not one.

Such as my credit union. Darnsies, I'm still conflicted about that one.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

ricor wrote:I think anyone who confronts a business for a non-compliant sign is an idiot (sorry).
Ace_Inthe_O wrote:
ricor wrote:I think anyone who confronts a business for a non-compliant sign is an idiot (sorry).
:iagree:
And I think that people who make such statements without knowing me, don't know me, thus revealing their own idiocy.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
Purplehood
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Purplehood »

And they are violating the forum rules regarding personal attacks...
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

flb_78

Post by flb_78 »

Liberty wrote:
flb_78 wrote:
Huh???
:headscratch
In our CHL class, we were not allowed to use the term "weapon" because somewhere in buried in the laws, the term weapon is defined as "an item whose sole purpose is to harm or kill" or something close to that. I can't find it now.
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Here is another take on the issue of a business posting a "no gun" sign whether valid or not.

I believe I have a right to carry and I believe others have the right not to carry if they choose. I honor their right just as I expect them to honor mine. Therefore, if I wish to patronize a store that does not agree with me, I do so. I don't expect them to change but if they do great! I don't allow a differing of opinion to keep me from going where I want. It would be the same if I were to post my store with a sign saying "Please carry your gun here" and then have to put up with someone telling how wrong my sign is.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Furyataurus

Post by Furyataurus »

:iagree: Well said. On the other hand we are talking about concealed, if it was open carry it would be different.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”