Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

911 Call Reveals Woman's Struggle With Purse Thief

Post by Paladin »

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/4208817/detail.html

"... Theresa then grabbed her .45-caliber pistol and continued running after Campbell -- despite the dispatcher's plea for her to drop the handgun."

"'I am going to go get my .45 ... you all are too slow,' she said."

"As the call continues, the dispatcher asks Theresa to get rid of the weapon. However, after the suspect tried to escape along a creek bed, Theresa and Hershall used the pistol to make sure he didn't leave."

They have the actual audio of the 911 call. Very interesting.

911 is so bad in this case it's not even funny.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

dutchman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dutchman »

It almost sounds as if the 911 dispatcher was in cahoots with the purse snatcher. She should have been yelling encouragement. :lol:
dutchman
It seems that the older I get, the better I used to be.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

For those that haven't heard the audio, the news story doesn't have the same info as the 911 audio. There's a lot more info on the 911 audio.

At 2.5 minutes into the 911 call, after the violent thug had attacked 2 women at their home, beat at least one severely, stolen a purse, caused the lady's car to crash into her garage... had tried to pull a knife on them and the neighbor trying to help the ladies out...

The thug tried to get away in the woods, but turned back to the house after he could not get out that way. One lady decides to get her '.45' and the 911 operator commandingly says 'okay...do not get a weapon okay' Lady says in terror 'Ya'll need to hurry, he's coming!' 911 operator replies 'We're on the way right now okay... do not get a gun'

That's crinimal.

Police show up like 6 minutes later. The 911 operator might have had blood on his hands if they had of listened to him.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Warhorse545
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Warhorse545 »

She stood her ground and good for her. Sounds like Hershall is the type of neighbor I'd like to have. Interesting call. Do not really care for how the dispatcher handled it. But from his point of view I am sure he did not want to see someone shot out of vengeance. But sounds like the bad guy in this case might have just caused a lot more trouble if he was not stopped. People on the run do some irrational things.

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

A good article on the topic of 911:

"911 Is a Joke... or Is It? Let's Find Out"

http://www.techcentralstation.com/010505H.html

an excerpt:

"For example, on June 5, 2002, eighty-nine year-old Lois Joyner Cannady called the Durham County, North Carolina, 911 to ask for immediate police aid. She was killed before the police arrived on the scene. Police deputies came within minutes, but the killer was long gone."

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”