LCP Recall

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 5

Re: LCP Recall

Post by USA1 »

chamberc wrote:
Kevinf2349 wrote:My wife's LCP has yet to experience a FTFs...I admit she has only fed 150 or so rounds through it but it has been flawless so far.
I'd have to agree... we have two of them, with probably close to 1000 rounds through them together, including, now, over hundred rounds of Corbon .380... I've absolutely never had a singl FTF from either one of them...
No problems with mine either. I have 100% confidence in my LCP
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

JustaPhule
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustaPhule »

Tireshred wrote: Image
:drool:
MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm... Popsicle
"I drank what?" -Socrates

texastaurusguy

Post by texastaurusguy »

Mine starts with 372. I just bought it a couple of months ago though. Whew. :anamatedbanana

Backslider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Backslider »

Backslider wrote:
Tireshred wrote:I picked this PMI 15 round mag up at the Pasadena Fun Show last weekend, it's just for practice, I had little hope of it working as no PMI mag I've ever bought worked, but it flowed 50 rounds without a hiccup and I didn't have to reload as often.
Based on my experiences yesterday, I'd have 10 FTFs before getting to the bottom of the magazine.
To follow up:

After a thorough cleaning, I went through 100 rounds on the next range trip without a hitch.
If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

big 54r

Post by big 54r »

wifey just got her Utah "plastic"...yippeeee!!
I take the class tomorrow!!!!

I just got her an lcp and will see how it shoots real soon before I give it to her for daily carry.

I'm gonna see how critical defense ammo runs thru it for her self defense daily carry round.

hopefully all recall issue's are corrected!

USA1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by USA1 »

big 54r wrote:wifey just got her Utah "plastic"...yippeeee!!

I just got her an lcp and will see how it shoots real soon before I give it to her for daily carry.

I'm gonna see how critical defense ammo runs thru it for her self defense daily carry round.

Yep, the recall thing is long gone. If you've bought an LCP in the last year or two, the problem has been corrected.
BTW, I ran lots of Hornady Critical Defense through the one I had and it worked fine. As a matter of fact, any ammo I ran through it worked fine. The LCP is a great functioning gun. I never experienced any problems whatsoever with mine.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

USA1 wrote:
big 54r wrote:wifey just got her Utah "plastic"...yippeeee!!

Yep, the recall thing is long gone. If you've bought an LCP in the last year or two, the problem has been corrected.
BTW, I ran lots of Hornady Critical Defense through the one I had and it worked fine. As a matter of fact, any ammo I ran through it worked fine. The LCP is a great functioning gun. I never experienced any problems whatsoever with mine.
That is a big change from the one I bought for my son. Of course I made the mistake of being one of the first guys to get one and it malfunctioned twice on us. The first time after only twenty rounds(if memory serves). We sold it after it came back from Ruger the second time. Then we bought a Kahr P380 and learned that spending twice as much did not translate into better functioning. One trip back to Kahr and 500 (VERY EXPENSIVE) rounds later it works properly. For now....LOL.

Then I bought myself the Kahr380 and it hated the Herters ammo. The LCP just runs right through it...who knows why. :bigear: I have not heard of any problems with the LCP's released in the past year or so. guess they have the bugs worked out.

BigMickey

Post by BigMickey »

SCone wrote:They didn't say, but they did say they'd make up the parts and send shipping information when they're ready. So it sounds like the repair will be pretty quick.

In the mean time, they warn against carrying with a loaded chamber.
Not being able to carry with one in the pipe kinda limits its utility as a defense sidearm. I hope everyone has an alternative for EDC.
Be careful what you ask for. You might get it.
TANSTAAFL: There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

Picked up a pair for the wife and I at last weeks HCGS for a great $. Ran 100 flawless rounds so far thru mine. Very well-made little pocket blasters. Nice for July/August carry in Texas when the big CCW needs to stay at home.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

YellowTJ

Post by YellowTJ »

Rented one of these at Target Masters it worked flawlessly for me. I didn't like how jumpy it was however for the size and weight I can't really complain.

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

bought one of these for the wife, with a CT laser grip already installed. i got it from a guy at the gun show who said it was new... looked it over and it seemed like there were almost no rounds fired, so i grabbed it.

got it home and checked the serial, sure enough it was one of the recalled pistols.

*DOH!*

after checking the ruger website and the back of the gun, it appears that the recall was already performed.

thus far we've put almost 150 rounds through it without issue. wife carries it in her truck for now, until she gets her CHL.

hoping its safe for her to carry =/

jmur105

Post by jmur105 »

Just read this post and noticed I've been carrying an LCP starting with 370 for a couple years now. No bueno.

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

Wow, I've had an LCP for a couple of years but do not carry it. I'll check my serial # tonight. Thanks.

daveboyd

Post by daveboyd »

I got rid of my LCP last year and am hoping to replace it with a LC9 very soon. I loved how compact the LCP was but I am not comfortable carrying anything less than a 9mm.

RubenZ

Post by RubenZ »

I finally traded my LCP for a Glock 26 and would never look back!! The LCP to me was horrible to shoot, low capacity, and not really that much smaller than a Glock 26 when carried IWB or OWB.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”