Posts in topic: 1

Article: Victim fights home invader; suspect found dead

Post by Paladin »

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... an/3118748

"April 5, 2005, 6:16AM

Victim fights home invader; suspect found dead
By MIKE GLENN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

A home invasion victim wrestled away his attacker's weapon Monday night then opened fire at the fleeing suspect — who was later found dead after wrecking his getaway car near the scene, authorities said.

The shotgun-wielding robber forced his way into the house in the 16000 block of Luxembourg about 6:30 p.m. when the homeowner answered a knock on the garage door, detectives said.

"They had a struggle and the homeowner was struck by the suspect in the back of the head by the butt of the shotgun," said Sgt. Bruce Williams with the Harris County Sheriff's homicide division.

The suspect then demanded money and jewelry from the victim's family. It was unclear late Monday how many valuables were taken, detectives said.

The homeowner was able to grab the shotgun during a second struggle that erupted. He began firing when the man ran to his car and drove away.

"He fired numerous rounds (but) we don't know exactly how many," Williams said.

Minutes later, the suspect's car was discovered about two miles away on the access road of the 20600 block of the Tomball Parkway.

"He was going southbound and hit a pole that turned him around," Williams said. "He was pronounced dead at the scene."

Witnesses on the freeway told deputies the man was driving very erratically just before the car struck the pole. The man had apparently been shot but detectives didn't know if his death was caused by the gunfire from the victim or the wreck.

The official cause of death will be determined by an autopsy. The victim was treated and released at a local hospital. His family wasn't injured in the home invasion, authorities said.

The case will be referred to the Harris County Grand Jury without charges, authorities said."

-------------------------------------------------

Looks like a homeowner defending himself with a gun the hard way... by taking it from a homeinvader! :shock:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Braden

Post by Braden »

Another win for the good guys. :)

I can't say that I'd shoot a fleeing suspect....but I'm glad everything turned out okay for them. I assume no charges are being filed??
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Holy cow :shock: Kudos to the man for protecting his family and his castle in a worst case type situation.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”