Anything curious...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Anything curious...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

...about the home invasion earlier this week in the Green Tee subdivision in Pearland???

Thats right around the corner from Castle Steve...

Not that I am paranoid or any other type of "-ism"...

All I heard they stole (at gunpoint) was a very little amount of money, but a big cache of firearms...

Emphasis of firearm(S)

Usually these home invasions are predicated by the suspects "no-knocking" M.O. (law-enforcement tactic)...Restraining those inside, nost of the time, and looting the place looking for "Drugs"...

Just curious to see if anyone else sees a shift in the trend here...

And if the emphasis on the stolen firearms is just another attempt to demonize homeowners who own firearms and store them at their residences...

I hope it was nobody we know in the firums we visit around here on the internet...

Later,
Steve
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paladin »

Sounds pretty messed up.

I've heard that some groups of criminal home invaders breaking in during the middle of the night even yell 'police' as they enter.

My dogs let me know if anybody drives up or walks by the house, and my doors and locks should buy me enough time to respond that event.

One other thing I've found that's worth doing is timing how long it takes me to get my AR-15 into action.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

According to the Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... an/3145567

there were four guns taken but they don't say if they were handguns or long guns or both.

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Ditto...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Paladin wrote:Sounds pretty messed up.

I've heard that some groups of criminal home invaders breaking in during the middle of the night even yell 'police' as they enter.

My dogs let me know if anybody drives up or walks by the house, and my doors and locks should buy me enough time to respond that event.

One other thing I've found that's worth doing is timing how long it takes me to get my AR-15 into action.
You too huh???

I got a Bushmaster "Shorty" with an EOTech 511...Short enough to work inside a structure, and enough bang to at least make the average MS-13 slug pee-pee in their panties...

I'm looking to Mod mine a bit in the near future...I'm looking to get a collapsable 6 position butt-stock, a tactical pistol grip (front and back) and a flip-up rear iron sight back-up...

That should complete the package...I better get it quick...I don't like the smell coming from D.C. these days...

Later,
Steve
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Mine was a 'post-ban' Bushmaster M4. I upgraded it with a new barrel/bayo-lug/PhantomFS late last sept. :)

Would like to add a number of accessories, but mostly I want a surefire light.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

HighVelocity wrote:According to the Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... an/3145567

there were four guns taken but they don't say if they were handguns or long guns or both.
If that kind of home invasion can happen on Country Club Drive, it can happen anywhere.

Jungle Work
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jungle Work »

At night and if it's up close and personnel, I like my Police 870 and 11-87 that have been altered for those "special occasions" that you hope never happen to you. I believe that if you don't have it handy or in your hot little hand, then you're SOL, the way the bad guys are running home invasions these days and times.

Pistols are just to hold them off till I can get to one of my shotguns or ARs.
If they are in you home, shoot early and often.

Many of the HIs where I live are dopers running on other dopers.

Jungle Work
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Jungle Work wrote:I believe that if you don't have it handy or in your hot little hand, then you're SOL, the way the bad guys are running home invasions these days and times.
As I remember, Gabe Suarez recommends having access to a ready weapon in 2-3 seconds.

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Absolutely...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Paladin wrote:
Jungle Work wrote:I believe that if you don't have it handy or in your hot little hand, then you're SOL, the way the bad guys are running home invasions these days and times.
As I remember, Gabe Suarez recommends having access to a ready weapon in 2-3 seconds.
I'd take that to the bank...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Over a year ago I had a situation at my house where I went into high alert.

A strange pickup truck, with dark tinted windows, that I didn't know pulled all the way up my driveway. My driveway is like 70 or 80ft long... which made it obvious that they weren't just turning around.

I was already carrying 1 handgun gun and 2 spare mags... immediately went to retrieve a bigger gun and 2 spare mags for it. From experience, the only reason someone would drive up all the way in my driveway is to come in the back door.

I found a position that had good concealment and I could cover the back door while still being in a good position to intercept anyone coming in the front door.

Then I waited. If anyone attempted to force a door, they were going to get a hot, loud welcome.

But no one did.

Later I found out that my brand new next door neighbor had accidentally driven up my driveway. They realized their mistake and left.

I don't mind the mistake, but it did get my adrenaline going at the time. :)

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”