Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by bblhd672 »

von Clausewitz wrote:Joined the other day, and I tend to participate...so here's the basic run-down

Male
64 yo
Live in the Denton area, having just moved back to TX from the D.C. Area
Retired Air Force/Retired Civil Service
Married and I have two children and 5.5 grandchildren (6 at the end of September)

I have owned weapons since 1974. Got my first carry license in Texas in 2000. Moved to VA and have had a CHL there since 2003. I now have both a TX LTC and a VA CHL
Daily carry is a Glock 19 G4 in various appendix holsters
Welcome to the forum.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

oljames3
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oljames3 »

von Clausewitz wrote:Joined the other day, and I tend to participate...so here's the basic run-down

Male
64 yo
Live in the Denton area, having just moved back to TX from the D.C. Area
Retired Air Force/Retired Civil Service
Married and I have two children and 5.5 grandchildren (6 at the end of September)

I have owned weapons since 1974. Got my first carry license in Texas in 2000. Moved to VA and have had a CHL there since 2003. I now have both a TX LTC and a VA CHL
Daily carry is a Glock 19 G4 in various appendix holsters
Welcome, airdale! Thanks for your service.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

JTWPlano
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JTWPlano »

Hello, everyone. I joined this forum to participate in Texas-specific discussion about concealed carry issues. I found it by way of the Texas3006 app and website used for tracking posted signage. My info:

Profession/school status: IT contractor, degrees in IT and CS
Marital status: Married, two sons in middle school
Years CHL: Got my Texas LTC this year, previously had a carry permit in another state for 10+ years
Texas State Representative House District: State House Rep District 66
Carry guns/equipment: IWB carry a CZ P-07 9mm as my primary, also pocket carry a S&W Airweight .38 as my backup

Those are the two pistols I carry and keep ready at the house. I have a couple of different holsters for each, depending on the scenario. I used to carry Glocks, but recently sold my old gen 2 and gen 3 .45 ACP Glocks and went to this SA/DA polymer 9mm pistol from CZ. I kept my old .38 because it's still reliable and easy to carry as a back-up. I also picked up a gen 4 G17 this year, which I like to shoot, but it is mainly a range gun at this point. I plan to mount a light on it and keep it handy as a nightstand gun sometime in the near future. I have a Ruger Mini-14 and a 1022 that I have owned since my late teens, and have been using them (along with my pistols) to train my elder son how to shoot.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

JTWPlano wrote:Hello, everyone. I joined this forum to participate in Texas-specific discussion about concealed carry issues. I found it by way of the Texas3006 app and website used for tracking posted signage. My info:

Profession/school status: IT contractor, degrees in IT and CS
Marital status: Married, two sons in middle school
Years CHL: Got my Texas LTC this year, previously had a carry permit in another state for 10+ years
Texas State Representative House District: State House Rep District 66
Carry guns/equipment: IWB carry a CZ P-07 9mm as my primary, also pocket carry a S&W Airweight .38 as my backup

Those are the two pistols I carry and keep ready at the house. I have a couple of different holsters for each, depending on the scenario. I used to carry Glocks, but recently sold my old gen 2 and gen 3 .45 ACP Glocks and went to this SA/DA polymer 9mm pistol from CZ. I kept my old .38 because it's still reliable and easy to carry as a back-up. I also picked up a gen 4 G17 this year, which I like to shoot, but it is mainly a range gun at this point. I plan to mount a light on it and keep it handy as a nightstand gun sometime in the near future. I have a Ruger Mini-14 and a 1022 that I have owned since my late teens, and have been using them (along with my pistols) to train my elder son how to shoot.
Welcome to the forum. You should come out to the DFW breakfast we've been doing once a month.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

JTWPlano

Post by JTWPlano »

Flightmare wrote:Welcome to the forum. You should come out to the DFW breakfast we've been doing once a month.
Thanks for the invite. Is there a thread you can link me to with more information?

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

JTWPlano wrote:
Flightmare wrote:Welcome to the forum. You should come out to the DFW breakfast we've been doing once a month.
Thanks for the invite. Is there a thread you can link me to with more information?
Welcome to the Forum. Here is the link you requested.

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... &hilit=DFW

TaterinTexas

Post by TaterinTexas »

Hello everyone....found this site while looking up information for my CHL application. I think this site will be very helpful to me.

Profession: Attorney
Marital Status: married 34 years to the same mean ol' woman ( ;-) )...3 kids, all in college
State Rep: John Wray, Dist 10
CHL status: pending
Carry guns: None yet. I have many firearms, but other than a Taurus Judge, none are suitable for carry (too big). I am hoping to get some good recommendations from this board. I like .45 ACP, but not sure I can find a carry model with enough capacity to make me happy. I am a fan of Ruger handguns and rifles.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

TaterinTexas wrote:Hello everyone....found this site while looking up information for my CHL application. I think this site will be very helpful to me.

Profession: Attorney
Marital Status: married 34 years to the same mean ol' woman ( ;-) )...3 kids, all in college
State Rep: John Wray, Dist 10
CHL status: pending
Carry guns: None yet. I have many firearms, but other than a Taurus Judge, none are suitable for carry (too big). I am hoping to get some good recommendations from this board. I like .45 ACP, but not sure I can find a carry model with enough capacity to make me happy. I am a fan of Ruger handguns and rifles.
Welcome to the Forum! You are correct that this place will be very helpful. There are a lot of .45 choices out there today and I hope you find the one YOU like. If you don't like it you will not carry it.

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

First and foremost I'm a Christian and a Texas loving American.

Children: 2 children (2 year old baby girl and 5 month boy)

CHL time: 5 years CHL

Pets: 2 dogs (Fila Brasilieros)

Military: 4 years enlisted Marine Corps MOS Infantry 0352 and rank E4 Corporal

TSR: House District 88

Main EDC: Glock 19 and Ruger LCR as BUG

Secondary EDC: Kimber K6S and Glock 42 as BUG

Additional gear: either Benchmade Infidel or Benchmade Griptilian

Method of carry: varies depending on apparel but usually IWB with BUG on ankle.

Hobbies: Wilderness and outdoors.

Texas Forever!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

GreenMan0352 wrote:First and foremost I'm a Christian and a Texas loving American.

Children: 2 children (2 year old baby girl and 5 month boy)

CHL time: 5 years CHL

Pets: 2 dogs (Fila Brasilieros)

Military: 4 years enlisted Marine Corps MOS Infantry 0352 and rank E4 Corporal

TSR: House District 88

Main EDC: Glock 19 and Ruger LCR as BUG

Secondary EDC: Kimber K6S and Glock 42 as BUG

Additional gear: either Benchmade Infidel or Benchmade Griptilian

Method of carry: varies depending on apparel but usually IWB with BUG on ankle.

Hobbies: Wilderness and outdoors.

Texas Forever!
Welcome to the TexasCHLForum. We are glad you joined.

Carl

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

Thanks glad to be here with fellow gun loving Texans!

RederBF

Post by RederBF »

My name is Derek
Profession/school status: Driver
Marital status:nope
Carry guns/equipment:M16\M4\M4a1\double desert Eagle :lol:
Greetings.
I'm not long in this hobi.
My first weapon was the desert of Egle to which I bought another brother a couple of months later.
Now there are a couple of rifles on my board and I want to buy a sniper rifle now. Are there any thoughts? ;-)

Cobra357

Post by Cobra357 »

I am a 75 year young/old male. I am now retired, used to work on manual typewriters, copiers, fax ,printers.
New electronic typewriters were to much.
Happily married (she ain't killed me yet.)
Love to go to target range, even though haven't been in a long time.
NRA Life TSRA Life

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to the new comers! This is a great place to be a member of. A lot of great people with a lot of terrific information.

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill »

Military: IITYIHTKY
US Rep: Kevin Brady
TX Rep: Will Metcalf
CHL time: Pending
Carry gun: TBD

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”