Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

RETiffner
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by RETiffner »

Hey there, been a member of the forum for a few days now but have been lurking here and there as a guest for the past few years. With oil as low as it is, I finally had more than a day or two at the house at once to make time to get into a class. Fingerprinted and submitted all docs today. I have been truck carrying as long as Ive owned a truck. I'm from all over, for some reason settled north of Denton. I spent 8 years diving offshore, next cpl years working inland on wells and now think I am going to settle down to a better routine.

Kids: Son, 4...Daughter, 8
TSR: Texas State House District 68--Representative Drew Springer, Jr.
TSS: Texas State Senate District 30--Senator Craig Estes
Only other forum I am on is: 2coolfishing.com
Sig p238
Sig p320c
Taurus 1911

-Roy Tiffner

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 13

Post by tfrazier »

Welcome to the forum, RETiffner!

atnolan94

Post by atnolan94 »

Hey guys, my name is Andrew!

Profession/school status: Student, Oklahoma State University
Marital status: Engaged, to be married 1/7/2017
Years CHL: Like 2 weeks :rolll
Carry guns/equipment: I carry a S&W M&P 9C. I primarily use an alien gear cloak tuck 3.0. I also have a focus but I'm not a big OC guy. If I ever OC I use my alien gear because 95% of society will never notice it. I don't want to create fear, just exercise my own rights without infringing on others. I turned 21 in november and took my class in early december.

Other than that, I'm an avid duck hunter and shade tree mechanic. I realize that theres bad people out there who do bad things, and if the state allows us the right to protect ourselves, I've chosen to take that route. I'm graduating from OSU in may of 2017 and will be married and I want to make sure I can protect my future wife and my future family to the fullest extent under the law.

Being a student at OSU, I'm in oklahoma 9 months a year so I've had to study the laws in Oklahoma meticulously. The switched to a single license Jan 1, just like Texas. It is a much less structured system in OK. For example they don't have a 30.06 or 30.07 equivalent. Businesses can post any sign that disallows carry (either open or concealed). However, the worst that can happen to you is a trespassing charge if you fail to comply. We don't have any form of campus carry unfortunately. However, roadways and parking areas are exempt from this rule, so I can at least carry on my way to class, leave it in the car, and then carry home. I find these laws very interesting.

I am pursuing a degree in business finance, but I'm still contemplating a career as a LEO.

Anyways, looking forward to getting active on this forum.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

atnolan94 wrote:Hey guys, my name is Andrew!

Profession/school status: Student, Oklahoma State University
Marital status: Engaged, to be married 1/7/2017
Years CHL: Like 2 weeks :rolll
Carry guns/equipment: I carry a S&W M&P 9C. I primarily use an alien gear cloak tuck 3.0. I also have a focus but I'm not a big OC guy. If I ever OC I use my alien gear because 95% of society will never notice it. I don't want to create fear, just exercise my own rights without infringing on others. I turned 21 in november and took my class in early december.

Other than that, I'm an avid duck hunter and shade tree mechanic. I realize that theres bad people out there who do bad things, and if the state allows us the right to protect ourselves, I've chosen to take that route. I'm graduating from OSU in may of 2017 and will be married and I want to make sure I can protect my future wife and my future family to the fullest extent under the law.

Being a student at OSU, I'm in oklahoma 9 months a year so I've had to study the laws in Oklahoma meticulously. The switched to a single license Jan 1, just like Texas. It is a much less structured system in OK. For example they don't have a 30.06 or 30.07 equivalent. Businesses can post any sign that disallows carry (either open or concealed). However, the worst that can happen to you is a trespassing charge if you fail to comply. We don't have any form of campus carry unfortunately. However, roadways and parking areas are exempt from this rule, so I can at least carry on my way to class, leave it in the car, and then carry home. I find these laws very interesting.

I am pursuing a degree in business finance, but I'm still contemplating a career as a LEO.

Anyways, looking forward to getting active on this forum.
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on being a new LTC holder (Also your wedding date is my birthday so wonderful things are still happening on that date LOL) Keep us updated on your carry experiences here and in the foreign country to the north.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Fuse

Post by Fuse »

Guess I'll finally do this. :)

I've been a member of this site for a few years - I'm one of those "not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could" guys. I'm a software developer and data analyst to pay the bills and moved to the Dallas area last June after years of trying to convince my work to move me here from Illinois. While Illinois did finally pass conceal carry, I knew I was going to move to TX eventually, so didn't bother with the process there. I'm now waiting on my plastic to come - hopefully sometime in the next couple weeks.
In Illinois I was active in IDPA, MM in SSP/ESP, but I haven't shot a competition in almost two years. I have a three year old at home, so that takes a lot of hobby time and money. I'm looking to get back into competition soon - possibly uspsa. I'm also going to be venturing into some rimfire matches as well.

My main guys...
-MP 40 Pro Core, with pretty much everything Apex'd out with an RM07 on top.
-Shield 9mm
-22/45 Lite

They all shoot better than I can.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 89

Post by WildBill »

Fuse wrote:Guess I'll finally do this. :)

I've been a member of this site for a few years - I'm one of those "not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could" guys. I'm a software developer and data analyst to pay the bills and moved to the Dallas area last June after years of trying to convince my work to move me here from Illinois. While Illinois did finally pass conceal carry, I knew I was going to move to TX eventually, so didn't bother with the process there. I'm now waiting on my plastic to come - hopefully sometime in the next couple weeks.
In Illinois I was active in IDPA, MM in SSP/ESP, but I haven't shot a competition in almost two years. I have a three year old at home, so that takes a lot of hobby time and money. I'm looking to get back into competition soon - possibly uspsa. I'm also going to be venturing into some rimfire matches as well.

My main guys...
They all shoot better than I can.
Welcome to the forum Fuse. :txflag:
Nice guns. Just like mine, they shoot better than me. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

truckster

Post by truckster »

I've been around for a few years and I very rarely contribute and haven't done the formal introduction yet...so here it goes. I grew up a non-shooter. Family never had guns around, parents were just indifferent to firearms not against them. I reckon it would have just been another hobby my pops didn't want to spend his hard earned, hard to come by cash on. I bought my first handgun from a buddy of mine in early 2013, an HK USPc 9mm, and subsequently took my CHL course and got plastic shortly thereafter. I wish I had more time to shoot...I'm flying all over the place on weekends and I'm editing videos during the week. I can't imagine how I'm going to juggle my schedule when the bundle of joy arrives this summer :shock: .

This site has been so integral in me learning so much that I wasn't privy to a few years ago. TxCHLF.com is an absolutely incredible tool for newbies and old dogs alike. Nobody here knows it all and everyone has something unique to bring to the table and that's why I log on almost daily to find out what new 'thing' I'm going to learn that day

Profession: videographer/editor
Marital status: married
Children: first one on the way!
Years CHL:3 years
Carry guns: CZ RAMI BD 9mm, CZ PCR 9mm

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TangoX-ray »

Howdy, y'all!

Profession: Mechanical Engineer in Oil and Gas (still, praise the LORD)
Marital Status: Not married yet, too much left to do
Years LTC: Texas LTC being processed

Carry Guns:
Glock 22 Gen4 in either a 5.11 Thumbdrive OWB or Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0
Walther PPX in Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

TangoX-ray -> TX -> I'm a native Texan. :txflag:
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

TangoX-ray wrote:Howdy, y'all!

Profession: Mechanical Engineer in Oil and Gas (still, praise the LORD)
Marital Status: Not married yet, too much left to do
Years LTC: Texas LTC being processed

Carry Guns:
Glock 22 Gen4 in either a 5.11 Thumbdrive OWB or Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0
Walther PPX in Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

TangoX-ray -> TX -> I'm a native Texan. :txflag:
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay. :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

truckster wrote:I've been around for a few years and I very rarely contribute and haven't done the formal introduction yet...so here it goes. I grew up a non-shooter. Family never had guns around, parents were just indifferent to firearms not against them. I reckon it would have just been another hobby my pops didn't want to spend his hard earned, hard to come by cash on. I bought my first handgun from a buddy of mine in early 2013, an HK USPc 9mm, and subsequently took my CHL course and got plastic shortly thereafter. I wish I had more time to shoot...I'm flying all over the place on weekends and I'm editing videos during the week. I can't imagine how I'm going to juggle my schedule when the bundle of joy arrives this summer :shock: .

This site has been so integral in me learning so much that I wasn't privy to a few years ago. TxCHLF.com is an absolutely incredible tool for newbies and old dogs alike. Nobody here knows it all and everyone has something unique to bring to the table and that's why I log on almost daily to find out what new 'thing' I'm going to learn that day

Profession: videographer/editor
Marital status: married
Children: first one on the way!
Years CHL:3 years
Carry guns: CZ RAMI BD 9mm, CZ PCR 9mm
Welcome to the forum truckster. This site is the best! :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member

CB1986

Post by CB1986 »

Male
Computer Guy
With an amazing woman
No Carry License yet :confused5
S&W SD9VE/ Plan on carrying it outside the house when legal :fire

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I guess I might as well join in since I've been around here for awhile.

First Name: Ryan
Profession: Parts Manager for a Chassis Fabrication shop. (We build racecars :anamatedbanana )
Marital Status: Married to the kindest woman I've ever met.
Years LTC: Since 2013

Carry Guns: Sig Sauer 1911 Nightmare Carry .45

I'm originally from Kansas but live in Frisco now. I love Texas and I couldn't get here soon enough. :txflag:

When I'm not working or at the range, I spend my time on my motorcycle or rescuing dogs. The wife and I have 3 Boxers and a Pitbull, all rescues. And then we also have a foster doggy that we are nursing back to health and hope to find a loving home for in the next few months. We are active volunteers for 3 different dog rescues in the DFW and that keeps us pretty busy.

joe817
Posts in topic: 128

Post by joe817 »

Welcome to the forum CB1986 & Ryan! Glad to have you with us! :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

KD79

Post by KD79 »

Name: Kyle D
Current City: MIdland
Wife: 1
Kids: 17 m/o boy
Occupation: O&G Service Industry.... thankfully still currently employed
LTC: Currently in the queue
Plan to carry: H&K VP9 or Kimber Crimson Carry

I am new to this forum, however it has been very insightful. It is always nice to see so many gun enthusiast sharing knowledge and experiences. I am a hunter, fisherman and a lover of most sports.
"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." - Leo Tolstoy

joe817
Posts in topic: 128

Post by joe817 »

Welcome to the forum KD79, glad to have you with us! :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”