Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby carlson1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Welcome buzzkill to the Forum. :tiphat:
Image


ImportedTexan
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby ImportedTexan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Hey everybody, thanks for the warm welcome.

30’s male
Field Engineer Sr.
Married with two boys
Just got my license, but it should’ve been almost 12 years (story for another time)
No idea who my rep is.
Glock 20 IWB “We the people” holster when it’s cold
Glock 19 IWB Tagua sport

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby SQLGeek » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 pm

A little late but from one import to another, welcome!
Psalm 91:2


Rob72
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 am
Location: Gulf Coast

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Rob72 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:11 am

Happy New Year!

My wife and I moved from Oklahoma, last year, and we're settling in.
I'm a nurse, ex-EMT, ex-Corrections officer, ex-lots-a-stuff,long-time shooting enthusiast. :cheers2:

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby carlson1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Welcome Rob to the Forum and Texas.
Image


Interblog
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: League City, TX
Contact:

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Interblog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:03 am

Age - mid-50s

Gender - female

Profession/school status - Bachelor's and MS degrees in the geosciences, small business owner with a geographically-distributed client base (requiring travel). (Aside: I am amused that, upon preview, this forum automatically converted the two-letter abbreviation of "Bachelor's" into the word "bull". Some people do consider those degrees to be bull, yes ;-) ).

Marital status - married (to an LTC holder)

Years CHL - I had my CHL wa-ay back before clarification of "premise", but I let it lapse because I was traversing public school property almost daily, and therefore could rarely carry. Currently have a new application in progress, have completed the course, fingerprints tomorrow because there's ice on Houston roads today and Identogo is closed for yet another day!

Texas State Representative House District - 24 / Bonnen

Carry guns/equipment - currently Ruger SP-101 revolver (love it), S&W Air Lite Ti (great design for concealed carry but heck of a painful recoil of course), still searching for a semi-automatic that feels right.

Personal focus - I live for a few months per year in a tech'd-out Mercedes Sprinter-based camper van, sometimes with my husband but often alone or only with our dog. I do this for both work-related and personal reasons, periodically driving across large swaths of North America in the process. Our van was extensively designed with off-grid capability, including solar power and a large lithium battery bank to supply power for a mobile computing scenario. I overnight routinely in rather unusual areas where self-defense is a concern and my van has been surveilled in the past by criminal elements. Break-ins are common with this type of vehicle.

Many general-focus forums that cater to the mobile tech worker and RV crowds do not allow discussions of firearms due to the perceived "controversial" nature of the topic - moderators often shut down the threads before the discussion is able to bear fruit. I (and others) would like an opportunity to raise practical self-defense questions within the context of our unusual lifestyles without being flamed, stigmatized, or silenced.

User avatar

Maxwell
Senior Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Maxwell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Wow! There are a lot of new folks!

Welcome one and all! :tiphat:

Maxwell
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby carlson1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Interblog wrote:Age - mid-50s

Gender - female

Profession/school status - Bachelor's and MS degrees in the geosciences, small business owner with a geographically-distributed client base (requiring travel). (Aside: I am amused that, upon preview, this forum automatically converted the two-letter abbreviation of "Bachelor's" into the word "bull". Some people do consider those degrees to be bull, yes ;-) ).

Marital status - married (to an LTC holder)

Years CHL - I had my CHL wa-ay back before clarification of "premise", but I let it lapse because I was traversing public school property almost daily, and therefore could rarely carry. Currently have a new application in progress, have completed the course, fingerprints tomorrow because there's ice on Houston roads today and Identogo is closed for yet another day!

Texas State Representative House District - 24 / Bonnen

Carry guns/equipment - currently Ruger SP-101 revolver (love it), S&W Air Lite Ti (great design for concealed carry but heck of a painful recoil of course), still searching for a semi-automatic that feels right.

Personal focus - I live for a few months per year in a tech'd-out Mercedes Sprinter-based camper van, sometimes with my husband but often alone or only with our dog. I do this for both work-related and personal reasons, periodically driving across large swaths of North America in the process. Our van was extensively designed with off-grid capability, including solar power and a large lithium battery bank to supply power for a mobile computing scenario. I overnight routinely in rather unusual areas where self-defense is a concern and my van has been surveilled in the past by criminal elements. Break-ins are common with this type of vehicle.

Many general-focus forums that cater to the mobile tech worker and RV crowds do not allow discussions of firearms due to the perceived "controversial" nature of the topic - moderators often shut down the threads before the discussion is able to bear fruit. I (and others) would like an opportunity to raise practical self-defense questions within the context of our unusual lifestyles without being flamed, stigmatized, or silenced.


Welcome Interblog to the Forum. This is an excellent place to find knowledge for Texas' LTC.

Carl
Image


mcm730
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby mcm730 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:28 am

Hello all!

I’m 21
Currently enrolled at Texas Tech University
Finished my first application process Dec 5th
Represented by Jody Arrington
I bought my first gun back in August, a Rossi 972 .357 revolver.
I have a shoulder holster for it as well as two speed loaders.
My first gun was always going to have been a revolver :lol:

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby carlson1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 pm

mcm730 wrote:Hello all!

I’m 21
Currently enrolled at Texas Tech University
Finished my first application process Dec 5th
Represented by Jody Arrington
I bought my first gun back in August, a Rossi 972 .357 revolver.
I have a shoulder holster for it as well as two speed loaders.
My first gun was always going to have been a revolver :lol:


Welcome mcm730. I love revolvers too. I carrynone from time to time, but the barrels are not as long as yours.
Image


mcm730
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby mcm730 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:14 pm

carlson1 wrote:
mcm730 wrote:Hello all!

I’m 21
Currently enrolled at Texas Tech University
Finished my first application process Dec 5th
Represented by Jody Arrington
I bought my first gun back in August, a Rossi 972 .357 revolver.
I have a shoulder holster for it as well as two speed loaders.
My first gun was always going to have been a revolver :lol:


Welcome mcm730. I love revolvers too. I carrynone from time to time, but the barrels are not as long as yours.



Not a lot of love for revolvers these days, and it’s a darn shame. Even my friends are trying to get me to use a semi-auto as my EDC, but I’m stubborn and know what I like. When I get a more compact gun to lug around it will most definitely be another revolver. :thumbs2:


Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBYC, Middle Age Russ and 13 guests