What gun should I get to mark the occassion

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Suckhow
Posts in topic: 3

What gun should I get to mark the occassion

Post by Suckhow »

After almost four months of agonizing wait, it seems that my CHL will finally arrive this week. To commemorate this event, I am planning to treat myself to a new pistol. I went to CDNN to look at their catalog, but nothing jumped out at me. I'm not necessarily looking for a CCW weapon, but more just looking to use this as an excuse to buy another toy.

What should I get? Not too long ago I treated myself to a Wilson Combat, and I think I already have enough 1911's (for now). I'm not a fan of Glocks, but am looking for suggestions. I am looking to spend between $700 and $1,100 on this weapon.

Please help me with this desperate situation. :wink: :D :!: :!:

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

How about a really nice Colt Python? That's something that I've always wanted and is on my short list.

Topic author
Suckhow

Post by Suckhow »

HighVelocity wrote:How about a really nice Colt Python? That's something that I've always wanted and is on my short list.
Hmm Interesting thought. I've never owned a revolver. I don't know why, but I suppose it's a mental block or something. This might seem comical, but I'm even a little intimidated about getting one since I am so unfamiliar with them.

stevie_d_64

Ever thought about the smaller S&W's???

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I've been toying with the idea about the smaller Smith & Wesson's, like the Model 442 or the 642...

I think you are just as stopped by a well placed .38, as you are with the more popular calibers...

Looks like you got plenty of that going on already...Celebrate by aquiring one of those for your new permit, and you may have plenty left over (from what you are planning on spending) for other "stuff"...

Just a suggestion...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Congrats on the CHL. When mine finally came in the mail there was an ear to ear grin for several days. I still find myself pulling out the actual plastic just to look and prove that it is real.

Does you celebration purchase have to be another gun?

Since you mentioned in another thread that you had an intrest in handloading, why not get a few good reloading books and a reloading setup?

With an initial cost of around $500 (depending on which direction you choose) you could get all you need plus a good revolver. 45ACP and .38 special a good calibers to learn handloading.

You would still have enough left over (considering you were looking at around $1100) to buy powder, primers, and bullets.

Oh yeah, did I mention reloading books? Make sure you get some good books and read them!

Another suggestion, do you already have a good holster and belt? If not that is another thing that you may want to research.

Good luck.

Wayne

anygunanywhere

You Have Good Taste

Post by anygunanywhere »

I ee you already have several Kimbers. Most of your handgubs have a place on you hip. How 'bout a nice AR with rails and lights, and a laser, and optics, and 30 round clips and lots and lots of ammo to shoot!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Suckhow

Post by Suckhow »

LOL, just for kicks and giggles, i just called my local gun shop to inquire about a 50 BMG Barrett, thinking it might be about $2k. Boy was I wrong. Try about $5k and up. I guess I'll have to get the 50 cal for an even more special occassion. Maybe my birthday?

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

Smith 625. Since you don't have a revolver, but you have several .45's, you would not need to get different types of ammo. I got one and love it.

I was going to suggest a Sig 210, but that was above the price limit, but, you can find a P7 or PSP for a little above that price if you shop around. I love my P7M13.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”