Houston Gun COllector Association Guns Show coming up...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Suckhow
Posts in topic: 2

Houston Gun COllector Association Guns Show coming up...

Post by Suckhow »

Well, its been a while since the HGCA show. For those of you who haven't been, its the largest gun show in Houston. There is something for everyone; old stuff, new stuff; WWII collectibles, and even that annoying Nazi stuff. There are always quite a few hidden gems and deals to be found there if you take the time to dig a little and talk to the dealers. Last time, I was able to pick up a brand new OEM 357 Sig barrel for my 229 for only $40.

The only downsides are:
- Can't buy ammunition at this show
- Sometimes a few gangzta-shootin-sideways type people there
- Pay for parking

At any rate, who here is planning on going?

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

- Sometimes a few gangzta-shootin-sideways type people there
- Pay for parking

No big deal. It seems as if your going to find those at any gun show anywhere in the country.

- Can't buy ammunition at this show

Other than to fondle all of the guns that I don't own, ammo and reloading supplies without shipping are the main reasons that I go to gun shows.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

You bet! Suckhow is right, it's a great gun show.

I had a chance to pick up a Colt Government Model .38 Super in blue and/or SS for $629 and $679 at the last one, but didn't. With Colt's gargantuan price increase, I have read that they are going for over $800. I'm interested to see what price they'll bring in Houston.

Chas.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Can I carry at the show? I would imagine yes?

I'd love to meet up with anyone from the board and shake hands and say hi.

Any ideas what a Kimber UC2 would go for at the show, pref stainless version? I'm looking to buy one, they are just under 860 new up here, with night sights and 30 lpi checking (niether of which are a HUGE draw for me).

thanks,

nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

gigag04 wrote:Can I carry at the show? I would imagine yes?
At almost every gunshow, you can't carry.
You should check it out first, but it's very likely that you can not.

Topic author
Suckhow

Post by Suckhow »

gigag04 wrote:Any ideas what a Kimber UC2 would go for at the show, pref stainless version? I'm looking to buy one, they are just under 860 new up here
$860 is full retail.

I'd say you should be able to find one NIB for about $700 to $750 at the gunshow if you shop around a bit and bargain ($700 would be on the low side). Doc Walthers usually has great prices, but generally he will drop no more than about 10 to15 dollars off his gunshow prices. I picked up my Sig P229w/ nightsigghts from him for about $650.

But why not just spend the extra $200 or so and get the Ultra CPD?? I love mine!!!

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Suckhow wrote: But why not just spend the extra $200 or so and get the Ultra CPD??
College Student on loans :(
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

CaptDave

Post by CaptDave »

This IS a great show, and it is ALWAYS posted with a very large, very legal 30.06 (no carry by CHL holders) sign.
"An armed society is a polite society"

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I have the Kimber Ultra Carry. So far it has been a good gun. It has proven reliable and it is very comportable to shoot for a small .45 ACP. It isn't quite as fancy as the CDP version and I agree that if you can swing the extra change go for the CDP. If the extra just isn't there the regular flavor of the gun will do fine.

BTW I bought mine at Shooter's Station in Conroe for $675 +tax. Lay-a-way is a wonderful thing.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”