What's the Origin of Your User Name?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

KRM45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KRM45 »

Mine is simply my initials followed by my caliber of choice.

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Venus Pax »

Venus is the mythical (and fictional) goddess of love, and Pax means peace. Unless someone takes it too far, I'm generally a peaceful person and don't like fighting, violence, etc.

I also thought Pax could be funny after Venus on a gun forum, as in packs (heat), allowing one to picture the goddess of love with a handgun.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphur »

Venus Pax wrote:Venus is the mythical (and fictional) goddess of love, and Pax means peace. Unless someone takes it too far, I'm generally a peaceful person and don't like fighting, violence, etc.

I also thought Pax could be funny after Venus on a gun forum, as in packs (heat), allowing one to picture the goddess of love with a handgun.
I prefer the Greek name, Aphrodite, but I'm a Classics nut.

I've always been into computers and such, and since cipher describes the algorithmic mechanism which is used to encrypt data, I just phonetically swapped out a few characters.

40FIVER

Post by 40FIVER »

I'm partial to the 45 caliber.

40FIVER

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

It's my initials LRB. LRB is what i used for long time on golf forums, but then one forum was moved to one of those Delphi based forums, and there was already an LRB there. so I added 111. I've used lrb111 for about the last 8 years now, on all forums that i've visited.

I recognize a lot of the folks here as freepers, 1911, high road, etc..
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Mithras was a pre-Christian "god" that was one of the few that was monotheistic (most other pre-Christian "gods" were polytheistic and part of a pantheon). There is very little known of him since there are no surviving texts of the cult, but it believed that he was worshipped as Lord of Light, and Bringer of the Morning.

It seemed appropriate at the time I adopted it several decades ago when I was Dungeon Mastering for some D&D games.

61 is 1961, the year of my birth. When I started Interneting, I added it to my preferred username to make it more unique.

BobCat
Posts in topic: 4

Post by BobCat »

Needed a name/character for Cowboy Action Shooting, and my good friend Dynamite Deke suggested BobCat, on account of the two stuffed ones in my closet. Those two learned it is a fatal error to hunt my house cats in their own yard. But killing them didn't bring Oscar or Earl back... not as if I regret it, but I'd do different these days.

And - taxidery is expensive! I could have had a nice scoped bolt gun for the cost of those two stuffed bobcats.

Trying to decide whether or not to actually post this...
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jimlongley »

wo5m wrote:Mine originates from amateur radio. wo5m is the callsign that was issued by the FCC. I use it on just about every public forum. Also I’m not the only radio operator on here. I know of at least one other there may be more.

If you where to google my callsign you would find out more about me than googling my name. :smile:
I would use my call, but on a gun related forum it might seem like just a little too much showing off.

de K5NRA, Jim
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Popshot

Post by Popshot »

I had to come up with a handle for forums such as this. I remembered the days of growing up, all the kids in the neighborhood played war games, ranging from vikings, cowboys & indians, WWII. One of the phrases I recall was "take a popshot at (enemy of the day)."
Gun control = hitting where you aim

TxBlonde

Post by TxBlonde »

I am from TX and my hair is Blonde.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Nitrogen is the most common gas in the atmosphere, as well as being essential to nucleic and amino acids, which are instrumental for life as we know it so far; in other words, it's part of God's design of the universe.

It's also a common component to many explosives, including old black powder, guncotton, as well as modern powders.

Nitrogen is a tool, just like many other things in life. It is instrumental in bringing life, and can also be instrumental in taking it.

Besides, I'm a huge geek, and it's my favorite element :cool:
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

I'm an Aggie, and I shoot mostly 9mm, hence AggieMM..... :)

Ryan

XDgal

Post by XDgal »

Unlike some of the more creative screen names on here, mine is pretty simple, I carry two XDs and I'm a gal. Love my XDs! And, like wo5m, and K5NRA ( was that random or by choice? ) , I'm a radio operator, too. KE5KMS.
XDgal

MrDrummy

Post by MrDrummy »

"Drummy" should be fairly obvious-- it's what I do: play drums! (http://www.levismith.net)

I used to be "DrummyBoy" on many forums, etc, but had to change my email a few years back and decided that, as much as I wished I was, I was not a "boy" anymore. "DrummyMAN" seemed a little awkward and presumptuous, so I just opted for "MrDrummy."

Seemed like an easy choice. ;-)

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flintknapper »

AggieMM wrote:I'm an Aggie, and I shoot mostly 9mm, hence AggieMM..... :)

Ryan

That explains it!

We all thought you just didn't know how to spell Aggie. But come to think of it....that would explain it too.

Just kidding. :smile:

Hook 'em Horns.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”