Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Going to try this new thing...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=55

I've been doing a little looking...

And seemed to have narrowed it down to this model...

If I'm going to go Big Bore, this I believe should do the job...

Has anyone ever had a serious functionality issue with the Para line of products???

The only thing I could ever poke fun at myself in this regard, is this thing is just going to weight a ton on my hip...I just know it...

Echhhh, it'll be fun...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

RatMan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Going to try this new thing...

Post by RatMan »

stevie_d_64 wrote:http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=55

Has anyone ever had a serious functionality issue with the Para line of products???

The only thing I could ever poke fun at myself in this regard, is this thing is just going to weight a ton on my hip...I just know it...
I have a Para Companion and love it. That trigger is SWEET. As far as the weight, yep, it's going to be a bit heavy. Better wear a strong belt! :)
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Going to try this new thing...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

RatMan wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=55

I have a Para Companion and love it. That trigger is SWEET. As far as the weight, yep, it's going to be a bit heavy. Better wear a strong belt! :)
Yeah...

The trigger is what is doing it for me...

I was actually casught between trying to find an older maker of 1911 clones called Michigan Arms and this manufacturer...

My Dad has an absolutely sweet setup on a Michigan Arms .45 (cloner) It has a supremely well done trigger job, and some other special stuff that make that .45 a dream (just buddah) to shoot...I tried to steal it from him (Dad) but he got mad...Go figure...

I guess you just get those "itches" to aquire something new in your collection...This is one of them...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Para

Post by anygunanywhere »

Stevie D,

A friend in West-by-God-Virginia carries one of the Para double stack LDA .45's. He is a vary sizeable fellow with big meaty hands. He carries concealed most of the time and size is not an issue on him. I find full any size 1911 concealable with the right holster, and the weight actually gives me comfort - I feel it there and know where it is.

He loves the LDA feature, especially the trigger. When he open carries, the hammer down feature does not intimidate as the hammer up feature of SA 1911's.

Like I posted on another thread, I just might have to add a Para to my family of 1911 styles. Maybe a Warthog, maybe another fullsize. Always nice to have options.

Keep us up to datre on how it performs.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”