5%
Beretta M9
29%

Total votes: 21

Skipper5
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skipper5 »

Vanilla ....Chocolate ....

Prefer Sig 229R ...and Sig 239 and Sig 232....then HK (budget??)
Am even looking at HK2000SK

Anyone have a CZ Rami????
Like size for carry vs Kahr PM9 vs 2000SK
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Topic author
j1132s
Posts in topic: 4

Post by j1132s »

lrb111 wrote:
A couple of us (yphur and I) are interested in getting a Ciener conversion,. How do you get hold of them?
Also, can you review your issues a little?

Thanks
Larry
I used this kit on my S&W 1911 w/ a weak main spring. I should try it out on a stock 1911 next time.

I have about 15% Failure to feed with this kit, I was using Federal solid point high velocity rounds. I'm going to try different ammo and see it there any that works better. I have a feeling that it may have more to do with the design. This was my first time using it, and I'll see if it can be improved.

I also had about 15% failure to eject. This is a more annoy issue because it's difficult to get the case out of the chamber. However, I think this is an area where different ammo may help. All failure to feeds are due to the extractor not latchingg on to the case rim. (I'm shooting on a 1911 w/a weaker than standard main spring;so I think it may even get worse if I had used stock.)

I don't think the failure rate is dependent on the fullness of the magazine. I've been loading the mag to 10 rounds (although it can take more). There's no witness holes in the mag.

Disassembly and reassembly is pretty simple and comparable to a 22LR pistol. No special tools needed. The kit comes in a plastic box and can hold the slide assembly and 2 mags.

Personally, if I had known that I'm going to get all these failures, I would not have bought it. But since I have it, I'll try to get it working better.

If anyone would like to try my kit, you are welcome to. Its located in Austin.

I got mine here:
http://www.22lrconversions.com/specials.htm

I hope this helps you.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

I would say the Glock 19 out what is listed and that is because I have only shot the Glock and Sig.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”