Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

68Charger
Posts in topic: 50

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by 68Charger »

thatguyoverthere wrote:My "little" EDC family. They have a few other S&W, Ruger & Beretta cousins also, but this is the immediate family!

Just got the little Colt Mustang. My first .380. I wanted it for a little deeper carry, where a little extra concealment was necessary. I do have a little Beretta Jetfire in .25, but felt like that caliber was just a little bit TOO little. Plus, it belonged to my grandmother - I'd hate to risk somehow losing that one.

I put about 120 rounds of FMJ and HP through the new Mustang straight out of the box (except I did run a dry swab through the barrel a few times before shooting it). No problems whatsoever. Cleaned him up and he's looking extra sharp now. A fine new addition to the little family!

This makes me happy to know that you, just like myself, don't pamper my firearms regardless of price. Love the STI. I wanted to get a new mustang, but I am just not fond of blade sights. I got the Sig P238 back when they first came out and love it in every aspect. Cheers. :cheers2:
We don't need no stinking badges!

thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by thatguyoverthere »

68Charger wrote: This makes me happy to know that you, just like myself, don't pamper my firearms regardless of price. Love the STI. I wanted to get a new mustang, but I am just not fond of blade sights. I got the Sig P238 back when they first came out and love it in every aspect. Cheers. :cheers2:
Thanks, Charger. Yep, I buy my guns to use, not to put in a display rack. I've had the STI about 2 years now, and carry it pretty much every day. Great little gun. Wish I could afford a few more STI products. :drool:

I bought the Colt Defender a couple of months ago. I'd always wanted a Colt, and I'm very pleased with this one. As you can see, I really like the little officer size 1911's. My plan is to rotate my daily carry between those two every couple of months. Yes, carrying them regularly may drop the resale value, but that will be my kids' problem, not mine! :lol:

Just bought the little Mustang. I had been looking for one for a while, but they were a little hard to find (for me, anyway). Since I couldn't find a Mustang, I almost bought a P238. I really like the looks and feel of that little Sig, and heard nothing but good things about it. I was literally going to buy the P238 one weekend, when I just happened to see the Mustang offered on Cabela's web site (where I had not seen one before) for a good price, plus they had a sale going on which saved me another 40 bucks or so. So I ordered the Mustang on the web right then and there, then went to the store a couple of weeks later and picked it up. Very happy with it, also!

casp625

Post by casp625 »

thatguyoverthere wrote:
68Charger wrote: This makes me happy to know that you, just like myself, don't pamper my firearms regardless of price. Love the STI. I wanted to get a new mustang, but I am just not fond of blade sights. I got the Sig P238 back when they first came out and love it in every aspect. Cheers. :cheers2:
Thanks, Charger. Yep, I buy my guns to use, not to put in a display rack. I've had the STI about 2 years now, and carry it pretty much every day. Great little gun. Wish I could afford a few more STI products. :drool:
I also like my STI and carry it often :cheers2:

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

My new off duty piece. :cool:
IMG_0630.JPG
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 37

Post by carlson1 »

Smokey613 wrote:My new off duty piece. :cool:
IMG_0630.JPG
I went back to carrying my 1911 for a while now. I need to update my carry photo I guess, but I just bought one of the Shield .45 without the safety. My wife and I went to the range last week and all I did was take it out of the box, field strip it, wipe it down, add a little gun butter, put it back together, and ran a flawless 125 rounds of WWB through it. I am an XS Big Dot Sight man, but all I did was shoot the Shield stock and it is superb in my opinion. I also found it will fit my leather holsters from my Glock 19.

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

carlson1 wrote:
Smokey613 wrote:My new off duty piece. :cool:
IMG_0630.JPG
I went back to carrying my 1911 for a while now. I need to update my carry photo I guess, but I just bought one of the Shield .45 without the safety. My wife and I went to the range last week and all I did was take it out of the box, field strip it, wipe it down, add a little gun butter, put it back together, and ran a flawless 125 rounds of WWB through it. I am an XS Big Dot Sight man, but all I did was shoot the Shield stock and it is superb in my opinion. I also found it will fit my leather holsters from my Glock 19.
Like you I was suprised how much I like the Shield .45. I wanted one without the safety but got too good a deal on this one to pass it up. I am never going to sell it so I may modify the safety to disable it's functioning.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Algill1279
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Algill1279 »

Springfield XDM 40. Probably going to go with something smaller and easier to conceal later on, but for now it's this with the 16 round mag with grip extension.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

casp625 wrote:
thatguyoverthere wrote:
I also like my STI and carry it often :cheers2:
Nice looking Guardian. I like that Defender too. I am looking for a good deal on the Defender but may have to think about the Guardian now! Nice rigs.
Just some guy's opinion.

atx2a
Posts in topic: 1

Post by atx2a »

Can't remember if I've responded to this or not, but here is mine. Glock 43 and the usual accoutrements...

Austin, TX
Speak softly and have a helluva double tap.

jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

Here is my EDC.

S&W M&P Shield 9mm rides around town in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

Easyasmc

Post by Easyasmc »

No LTC yet. Still waiting since 22 Nov 2016. When I get a permit I'll be carrying my customized G19 with Trijicon RMR09, milled slide, magwell, IDP Flat Face trigger, stippled grip in a TRex Arms Sidecar AIWB holster on a One Shot Industries EDC Belt, Benchmade 9100SBK Auto Stryker and not pictured Surefire E2D Executive Defender torch.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

jweg84 wrote:Here is my EDC.

What is that thing left of the phone? Is it an E Cig?
Just some guy's opinion.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

Easyasmc wrote:No LTC yet. Still waiting since 22 Nov 2016. When I get a permit I'll be carrying my customized G19 with Trijicon RMR09, milled slide, magwell, IDP Flat Face trigger, stippled grip in a TRex Arms Sidecar AIWB holster on a One Shot Industries EDC Belt, Benchmade 9100SBK Auto Stryker and not pictured Surefire E2D Executive Defender torch.

Did your G19 come with the milled slide or did you have it done somewhere?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Easyasmc

Post by Easyasmc »

Jusme wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:No LTC yet. Still waiting since 22 Nov 2016. When I get a permit I'll be carrying my customized G19 with Trijicon RMR09, milled slide, magwell, IDP Flat Face trigger, stippled grip in a TRex Arms Sidecar AIWB holster on a One Shot Industries EDC Belt, Benchmade 9100SBK Auto Stryker and not pictured Surefire E2D Executive Defender torch.

Did your G19 come with the milled slide or did you have it done somewhere?
It was done by Allegiant Rifleworks

jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

Mxrdad wrote:
jweg84 wrote:Here is my EDC.

What is that thing left of the phone? Is it an E Cig?
Yep. That's my e cig. Been using it for around 5 years now.
S&W M&P Shield 9mm rides around town in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”