Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

carlson1 wrote:
Jose_in_Dallas wrote:Ya I love the grey framed Glocks as well. Wish I would have jumped on a Vickers Glock 19 when they first came out :mad5 I'm sure I'm going to overpay for one when I find one local.
I noticed the last few weeks that Grabagun has had the grey frame Glock 19, but it was not a Vickers. It was a good price I thought at $525.00.
They had the Vickers as well but they didn't last very long.

itsmekevin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by itsmekevin »

This thread is bad for my wallet.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

itsmekevin wrote:This thread is bad for my wallet.
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" :leaving
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

My phone is not in the picture it took the picture. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Will Beararms
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Will Beararms »

Glock 23 Gen. 3
180 grain JHP Hornady XTP .40 Caliber
Carried Hot in a Blade-Tech Klipt
13 + 1 in the Pistol
One Extra Mag Loaded to 13 in off hand front pocket.
Two Glock 22 Mags in briefcase

[url=http://s200..com/user/Letmland/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsbwy46n6r.jpeg.html]Image[/url]

dcrot1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dcrot1 »

mental_midget wrote:FNH FNS 40 (OWB because my place of employment is very gun friendly)
CRKT Ryan knife
SNAP-ON flashlight (Because i like that I can use AA batteries instead of needing to charge or use special batteries)
Extra magazine for the pocket
Wallet, keys, smokes and lighter (phone not pictured)

I also carry a Taurus PT140 Gen2, when I feel I need to conceal a little better. 1,500 rounds and still shooting as well and accurate as my USP.

:cheers2:
63caac32-3b56-41fc-9c14-8ba41d58c8db.jpg
That FNS 40 is a fine gun.... shoots very nicely...
:deadhorse:

dcrot1

Post by dcrot1 »

Ok, so my LTC is currently print pending... so I should hopefully have it next week sometime.... I don't have everything set for carry (holster mainly).... but I did order a gun.... so this is the stock photo for what I will be carrying... the Sig p238... I will update this after I finalize my carry method
Screenshot_20160818-200021.png

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasTornado »

SIG P238 zombie with spare extended mag.

DeSantis Pro Stealth with optional thumb break
or (depending on venue)
Galco ankle holster

And RavenCrest tactical OTF Titan.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

dcrot1

Post by dcrot1 »

TexasTornado wrote:Image

or (depending on venue)
Galco ankle holster

How do you like your P238??? Mine arrives later this week, also wondered about your ankle holster as I will be looking for one soon.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

dcrot1 wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:Image

or (depending on venue)
Galco ankle holster

How do you like your P238??? Mine arrives later this week, also wondered about your ankle holster as I will be looking for one soon.
I love everything but the groves in the trigger. I'll be replacing that soon, but it's light, fits my hand perfectly with the extended grip and conceals easily. I don't ever intend on trading it in that's for sure.

The holster is the Galco Ankle Lite. Not sure if this will work for you, but I have small ankles, so I'm actually able to slide my spare magazine in along the side of the Velcro. It tightens the holster up a bit and I get another 7 rounds. Win win.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

dcrot1

Post by dcrot1 »

Thanks for the info! I would say I have small to medium ankles so that trick might work for me also. Having never carried concealed (my LTC plastic should be in hand this week), I am exploring my options.... so any feedback helps!

As for the gun, I am super excited to get mine in and get to the range. I didn't really want to spend $600 on a small gun, but in the end.... after handling a few at a recent gun show I knew it was what I wanted. Everything in-hand felt just the way it should.....

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

dcrot1 wrote:Thanks for the info! I would say I have small to medium ankles so that trick might work for me also. Having never carried concealed (my LTC plastic should be in hand this week), I am exploring my options.... so any feedback helps!

As for the gun, I am super excited to get mine in and get to the range. I didn't really want to spend $600 on a small gun, but in the end.... after handling a few at a recent gun show I knew it was what I wanted. Everything in-hand felt just the way it should.....
My ankle holster was my primary until August 1st when campus carry began and my biggest threat became the time spent walking to and from classes and through parking lots. The ankle just doesn't help much in a quick situation. It is however much harder to detect than traditional holsters most even miss it with wands (I don't try this with places that are 30.06 posted obviously) and it is by far the most comfortable carry in my opinion.

When I knew I needed a quicker option tho, I decided on the DeSantis Pro Stealth for campus carry. Mostly I love how flexible it is. It's ambidextrous so I can set it up for IWB or OWB as well as right handed or small of the back which is a left handed set up. It also holds my spare magazine and has an optional (additional cost) and removable thumb break. Although I've only had it a short time, it's breaking in well and comfortable to wear so far.

NRA Lifetime Member

dcrot1

Post by dcrot1 »

TexasTornado wrote:
dcrot1 wrote:Thanks for the info! I would say I have small to medium ankles so that trick might work for me also. Having never carried concealed (my LTC plastic should be in hand this week), I am exploring my options.... so any feedback helps!

My ankle holster was my primary until August 1st when campus carry began and my biggest threat became the time spent walking to and from classes and through parking lots. The ankle just doesn't help much in a quick situation. It is however much harder to detect than traditional holsters most even miss it with wands (I don't try this with places that are 30.06 posted obviously) and it is by far the most comfortable carry in my opinion.

When I knew I needed a quicker option tho, I decided on the DeSantis Pro Stealth for campus carry. Mostly I love how flexible it is. It's ambidextrous so I can set it up for IWB or OWB as well as right handed or small of the back which is a left handed set up. It also holds my spare magazine and has an optional (additional cost) and removable thumb break. Although I've only had it a short time, it's breaking in well and comfortable to wear so far.
I will look into that DeSantis also.... I think the ankle holster is a definite addition to my carry arsenal... but I also want an OWB/IWB option also. I was looking at the Alien Gear holsters, which I find very interesting. My LTC shows mailed status today so I definitely need to invest in an option or two.

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 7

Post by CoffeeNut »

P238 got an upgrade that I wanted for a while. It's a flat faced trigger from Galloway Precision and it is a giant step up from the cruddy plastic trigger. The P238 has been continually part of my carry since I got my CHL.

EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

CoffeeNut wrote:P238 got an upgrade that I wanted for a while. It's a flat faced trigger from Galloway Precision and it is a giant step up from the cruddy plastic trigger. The P238 has been continually part of my carry since I got my CHL.

Awesome! Now you just need matching grips!

NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”