Desert Baby Eagle

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TXROADRUNNER
Posts in topic: 4

Desert Baby Eagle

Post by TXROADRUNNER »

Who here carries a Desert Baby Eagle( DBE) I know I cant be the only one. IMO it is one of the better handguns out there. Fun to shoot and easy to use. :cheers2:

(Sorry for the repost of the PICs, I'm in Afghanistan and do not have access to my handgun to take new pics.)

HF1 Belt Holster in Black Cherry

Desert Baby Eagle .40 Cal with Polymer Frame

GOD BLESS TEXAS................... :txflag:

cubbyjg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Desert Baby Eagle

Post by cubbyjg »

very nice picture. Out of curiosity, what kind of trigger does the baby eagle have? DA/SA?
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

“I am actually for gun control. Use both hands." - Gov. Rick Perry

Topic author
TXROADRUNNER

Post by TXROADRUNNER »

cubbyjg wrote:very nice picture. Out of curiosity, what kind of trigger does the baby eagle have? DA/SA?

Thanks for the reply, the DBE has a DA trigger on the first shot, followed by SA there after....I would recommend this handgun to anyone....Top Notch IMO. :fire

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

cubbyjg wrote:very nice picture. Out of curiosity, what kind of trigger does the baby eagle have? DA/SA?
I have one in .45. Great gun and very accurate. I do hate the fact that accesories like grips don't really exist for the .45 version.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

shipwreck
Posts in topic: 3

Post by shipwreck »

I've always been interested in a metal one in 9mm or 45. However, there are hardly no accessories for them. Only rubber grips for the 9mm version are the wrap arounds... No rubber grip panels, unfortunately. Hard to find polymer holsters for models with the frames too.

But they sure look cool :)

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

I've got an all steel compact 9mm that I bought 10 years ago. It's really a great gun and I think they are quite underrated. I do agree that holsters are hard to find for them, but most CZ75 holsters will work for the steel framed models. Now to find more of those 13rd mags that I bought for a couple bucks!

Topic author
TXROADRUNNER

Post by TXROADRUNNER »

[quote="atxtj"]I've got an all steel compact 9mm that I bought 10 years ago. It's really a great gun and I think they are quite underrated. I do agree that holsters are hard to find for them, but most CZ75 holsters will work for the steel framed models. Now to find more of those 13rd mags that I bought for a couple bucks![/quot

Post a pic, I would love to see it......... :thewave

shipwreck

Post by shipwreck »

TXROADRUNNER wrote:
atxtj wrote:I've got an all steel compact 9mm that I bought 10 years ago. It's really a great gun and I think they are quite underrated. I do agree that holsters are hard to find for them, but most CZ75 holsters will work for the steel framed models. Now to find more of those 13rd mags that I bought for a couple bucks!

sho unuff. lets see it :)

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

shipwreck wrote:
TXROADRUNNER wrote:

Here's a couple quick and dirties I just took while watering the yard.

Topic author
TXROADRUNNER

Post by TXROADRUNNER »

atxtj wrote:
shipwreck wrote:
TXROADRUNNER wrote:

Here's a couple quick and dirties I just took while watering the yard.quote]

Thanks for the Pics, always nice to see others running the BDE, It just does not get the attention it deserves. there just has to be more out there, dont be shy....... :anamatedbanana :fire

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

I'm glad to hear some positive things from owners of BDE's. My wife has decided she either wants a BDE or a Springfield 1911 as her next weapon. I've seen a couple of BDE, but haven't shot one yet.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

My BDE .45 and carry holster.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

shipwreck

Post by shipwreck »

Nice looking gun. Many always ay just to get a CZ instead of the baby eagle. But I like the distinctive look of the BE.

award88
Posts in topic: 1

Post by award88 »

I had a .40 Baby Eagle Compact with polymer frame. It was stolen 2 weeks ago and I have been looking to replace it. I carried everywhere I legally could. It was stolen out of my vehicle when I was parked at a place that would not allow me to carry. This gun has proved quite elusive to replace. If anyone knows of someone selling, I would be most appreciative if you contacted me or had them contact me. It is by far the best gun I have shot and it was an easy carry.
Thanks.

Mahzik
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Mahzik »

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but I just found a web site that carries a large number of accessories/holsters for BDE. The web site is http://www.zahal.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. (I have no affiliation with the web site and I have not ordered anything from them). They have leather, kydex, and polymer holsters for IWB, OWB, leg and shoulder rigs. They refer to themselves as the "Israeli Military Online shop," but I have not verified any relationship. For those who don't know, Zahal is the hebrew name for the IDF.

I've always loved the looks of the BDEs (and their larger brothers) and have been seriously considering buying one. And, I'll admit to having a soft spot in my heart for the IDF. :patriot: I've never shot a BDE, but I've heard good things about them overall and that they are very accurate. I'm actually thinking of getting two - a compact poly frame to carry and a semi-compact or full size metal frame to keep in the nightstand. Maybe I'll head to a gun show and see if I can trade my Sako hunting rifle towards two BDEs. :thumbsup:
Mahzik
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”