Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

Great...Another courthouse shooting...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050615/ap_ ... e_shooting

Now can someone explain to me why I shouldn't be allowed to carry my handgun to a court building, check it in and store it securely, while I am conducting business there...Then re-arm, and get on with my day???

Never mind if there would be a reason (by law) that you could interject in a situation like this...

I'd just like the ability to maintain as much "positive" control over my firearm as possible...

And not that I ever expect an incident like this to happen anywhere around me...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

tex45acp

Post by tex45acp »

Stevie,

I've been in the Houston Courthouses and the Houston Marshals that patrol and work there can usually be seen with their hand resting on the butt of their firearm while overseeing the people scurrying around in there.

They always look tense and I would as well if I were in their shoes.
Texas.....Nuff Said!!!

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

It would be costly, (and you the taxpayer would have to foot the bill) to require every government location to provide lockers for CHL holders to secure their weapons.

Do you also want to be around people who are handling their firearms who only had to pass the Texas CHL course? :shock: Every handling is a chance for an NG.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”