Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts: 16508
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby WildBill » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:58 pm

puma guy wrote:This is not really a project, but a useful tip. I have needed exactly what this video shows several times. Strange title though.
It is a strange title, but an interesting tip. I could have used it a couple of times. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

nightmare69
Senior Member
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby nightmare69 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:46 am

Bought a house this month and in the garage I had to address the lack of lighting. So I got some free two build construction light fixtures that were going to be thrown away and wired them up. The picture doesn't do it justice, it's tons better.

Image
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.


PBratton
Senior Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Sugar Land, Texas

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby PBratton » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Looks great.

Why are there cars in your Garage?
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer is free in 2017

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3895
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby Jusme » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:09 pm

PBratton wrote:Looks great.

Why are there cars in your Garage?



"rlol" "rlol"

Yeah, where do you keep all your "stuff"?

Besides somebody put them in backwards. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

nightmare69
Senior Member
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby nightmare69 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Jusme wrote:
PBratton wrote:Looks great.

Why are there cars in your Garage?



"rlol" "rlol"

Yeah, where do you keep all your "stuff"?

Besides somebody put them in backwards. :biggrinjester:


Only mine is backed in so we can have room to open the driver side door. Cars have priority in a garage. I refuse to be one of those people who has to park their cars outside because they have so much crap in the garage. I'm good about selling and donating stuff I don't need.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.


PBratton
Senior Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Sugar Land, Texas

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby PBratton » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:48 pm

nightmare69 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
PBratton wrote:Looks great.

Why are there cars in your Garage?



"rlol" "rlol"

Yeah, where do you keep all your "stuff"?

Besides somebody put them in backwards. :biggrinjester:


Only mine is backed in so we can have room to open the driver side door. Cars have priority in a garage. I refuse to be one of those people who has to park their cars outside because they have so much crap in the garage. I'm good about selling and donating stuff I don't need.



What? Wait a second,. what are you tryin' to say? Talk slow and use smaller words.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer is free in 2017

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

User avatar

nightmare69
Senior Member
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby nightmare69 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:20 pm

PBratton wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
PBratton wrote:Looks great.

Why are there cars in your Garage?



"rlol" "rlol"

Yeah, where do you keep all your "stuff"?

Besides somebody put them in backwards. :biggrinjester:


Only mine is backed in so we can have room to open the driver side door. Cars have priority in a garage. I refuse to be one of those people who has to park their cars outside because they have so much crap in the garage. I'm good about selling and donating stuff I don't need.



What? Wait a second,. what are you tryin' to say? Talk slow and use smaller words.



LOL! I'm OCD when it comes to cludder. If you ever decided to do some spring cleaning watch a episode of Horders Buried Alive and you will get rid of 10x time junk.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby Flightmare » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:23 pm

nightmare69 wrote:LOL! I'm OCD when it comes to cludder. If you ever decided to do some spring cleaning watch a episode of Horders Buried Alive and you will get rid of 10x time junk.


I watch those shows and then I don't feel as bad about my house. :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

lfinsr
Senior Member
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:59 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby lfinsr » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:11 pm

This is my first attempt at making my own custom grips. Hint, I cheated. :biggrinjester:

grip.jpg
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

User avatar

Deltaboy
Senior Member
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Johnson County TX

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby Deltaboy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:51 pm

I made 3 Pocket Slips for my Pocket Knives! Used Denim from old Tote. :tiphat:

Image20171231_204048

Image20171231_204029
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

User avatar

LDB415
Senior Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby LDB415 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:17 am

What needs to be done to fix all the photos in the first several pages?
NRA Life Member, CCC Life Member, GSSF Member
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts: 1361
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby flechero » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:57 am

LDB415 wrote:What needs to be done to fix all the photos in the first several pages?


Assume you mean the photobucket ones... the owners of them need to pay the "ransom" to restore the links.

User avatar

Scott B.
Senior Member
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:46 am
Location: Harris County

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby Scott B. » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:59 am

LDB415 wrote:What needs to be done to fix all the photos in the first several pages?


I was going to say - time machine. You'd win the DIY forum if you build it! ;-) Five year old posts, image host issues, not really fixable.
LTC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, RSO, Life Member.
Sig armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT


mayor
Senior Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: N. Fort Worth

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby mayor » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:54 am

Scott B. wrote:
LDB415 wrote:What needs to be done to fix all the photos in the first several pages?


I was gonna say - time machine. You'd win the DIY forum if you build it! ;-) Five year old posts, image host issues, not really fixable.



not even then... You can't go farther back in time than when the time machine was invented.


bobby
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: HOUSTON
Contact:

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby bobby » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:28 pm

drjoker wrote:Image

Made custom Sig P238 grips for a buddy of mine. I used a 3d printer and made it out of ABS plastic.

Cool very Cool

Where did you get the file for making them?
:thumbs2:
:txflag:

Vetus Crassus Holsters.


Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OldCurlyWolf and 12 guests