Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

blackdog8200

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Postby blackdog8200 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:36 pm

ayoungoldguy wrote:One hobby I’d like to get into is reloading, however living in the Dallas/Irving area in an apartment, I don’t have the spare space for a dedicated reloading bench.
I’ve been doing my cleaning and pistol and rifle mods on the dining room table (yes, I do make sure to adequately protect the table!) but there’s no way I could rig a reloading setup there because of the way the table is built. What I need is a portable bench setup, and even though I’ve scoured the internet for ideas, I haven’t come across anything that really looks like it’ll work. Does anyone out there have any pics, ideas or plans of DIY’s you’ve done? I sure could use some fresh ideas! Thanks!

http://www.blackanddecker.com/products/ ... vise/wm425

Folds up, use as a gun vise, clamp boards with different gear like powder measure, trimmers, presses... Take to the range.
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

earlwb

Postby earlwb » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:51 am

ayoungoldguy wrote:One hobby I’d like to get into is reloading, however living in the Dallas/Irving area in an apartment, I don’t have the spare space for a dedicated reloading bench.
I’ve been doing my cleaning and pistol and rifle mods on the dining room table (yes, I do make sure to adequately protect the table!) but there’s no way I could rig a reloading setup there because of the way the table is built. What I need is a portable bench setup, and even though I’ve scoured the internet for ideas, I haven’t come across anything that really looks like it’ll work. Does anyone out there have any pics, ideas or plans of DIY’s you’ve done? I sure could use some fresh ideas! Thanks!

I would suggest using a Lee Hand Press. You can literally reload using a TV dinner or snack table and a chair or even sit on the floor and reload too.
The Lee Hand press actually works really well too. Some guys take them to the range to decap the cases at the range, etc. It works with just about any cartridge except for the really large and long rounds.

lfinsr

Postby lfinsr » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Here's one of a pair of end table I finished a few weeks ago. Made from quilted maple and walnut. It's my opinion that maple and walnut go together like peanut butter and jelly.

DSC_0850-10x10.jpg
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

Dadtodabone

Postby Dadtodabone » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Beautiful
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”