Cz 82

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
74novaman
Posts in topic: 1

Cz 82

Post by 74novaman »

Anyone have a cz82? I've heard a lot of great things about them.

Semi decent caliber (9x18 mak), good capacity (12 rd mags), great price (~$220).

As far as I can see, biggest downside is it's about the weight/size of a glock 19.

Anyone have any experience with one and why it's a great or horrible buy?
TANSTAAFL

Heartland Patriot

Re: Cz 82

Post by Heartland Patriot »

What I'd like to have is an actual Makarov pistol. Though I have heard good things about the CZ82...and being Eastern Bloc, its got the historical factor going for it. Good luck and let us know if you find one and how you like it.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

' Had a guy use one in CHL class last Thursday. Shot a 250 with it.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

GrandmasterB

Post by GrandmasterB »

I had one. They are an excellent gun, very well made. The CZ 82 has much better sights than the standard Makarov pistol, and 12 rd mags are a plus.

The 9x18mak ammo used to be super cheap. It is often more expensive than 9mm ammo now, so that's one big downside for me. The 2nd downside is there are lots of 9mm pocket guns these days which are smaller and lighter than the CZ 82.

But, with all that said, the CZ 82 is still a very well made gun that shoots straight, is reliable and is a best buy for the $$ right now. I ultimately sold mine because I don't reload 9x18mak and I wasn't going to start, and the ammo wasn't such a bargain any more.
Romans 5:8

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Usually the trigger pull in double action is pretty stout as well. Wolf sells a good spring kit for them though.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”