Dallas Morning News

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Dallas Morning News

Post by jimlongley »

For those of you who take the Dallas Morning News, and may have seen John Lott's Viewpoints column last week, I wrote another letter that is getting published.

And this time it is going in as a counterpoint to Marsha McCartney's (one of the million moaning moms minus 900,000) response to Lott's Column.

If you don't get the paper, the texts are here: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... e226e.html

Make noise, people. :lol:

They edited out my best insults - oh well...
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Trainman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Trainman »

Good rebuttal to her irrational ravings and lies. One point that hit home for me was your statement:
Maybe it's time for them to go after automobile manufacturers, for allowing people to drive their products drunk. I'll bet they are just as successful.
THAT is one statistic that is rarely brought up (except by MADD and they are portrayed as a "fringe" group sometimes). How many innocent victims die every day as a result of automobile accidents due to drunk drivers as opposed to deaths from firearms wounds? I feel sure that it would be found the numbers for the alcohol-related highway deaths far outweigh deaths from gunshots.

/Rant off

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Too bad about the edit, as you pointed out we have proof they can't count and I would never believe that all the crimes reported as assault weapon crimes really were, reporters need to be called on that more. To bad there's no statistics on how they misuse the term " assault weapon ".
Tomcat
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Great rebuttal Jim.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

MoJo wrote:Great rebuttal Jim.
Agreed...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

MoJo wrote:Great rebuttal Jim.
+1

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks Jim!

Chas.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Keep up the good work.

Baytown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Baytown »

I can not begin to tell you how friggin irritated I get when anti-gun whackos use police officer safety, and officers in general as pawns in their anti-gun arguments.

The reasons why Dallas, Houston, Baytown, Pasadena School Dist Police, Pasadena, Harris Co Pct 3 and 6, TPWD Game Wardens, Harris County Sheriff, etc... are going to rifles is not to fend off hordes of "assault weapon wielding thugs." The advantages of the rifle far outweight that of a pistol or shotgun, but being anti-gun wierdos, they have no clue. :twisted:

If the are so concerned with "officer safety", they need to quit whining about guns and spending money for their agenda, and instead sponsor some officers to go to Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, etc...

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

anygunanywhere

Easy There Big Fella!

Post by anygunanywhere »

You want some of my hypertension medication with that rant, Glenn?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

LOL :D

That is probably the most fired up I have gotten about a topic in a long time.

I'm better now though. 8)

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Topic author
jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Thanks guys, the funny thing is that I wrote the letter without seeing the moaning mom's letter. They didn't publish all of it, of course, because some of the rest was pretty insulting about the moaning moms and Marsha herself.

I really do love that it fit so well against hers, especially since it was written blind, but I have also seen anough of her ravings, she's local to Dallas, to almost tell what she's going to say.

BTW, the FBI info is readily available online, putting the lie to her implication that it is not. Notice, though, that she probably knows that it is available and couches her terms ambiguously enough so that she can claim she meant something else. I wonder if there is a class for anti-gunners to show them how to do that.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

stevie_d_64

Re: Easy There Big Fella!

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:You want some of my hypertension medication with that rant, Glenn?
Dr. Steve actually recommends 50 rounds (of your preferred caliber) into the likeness of OBL's nasal passages to relieve stress...

And if that doesn't work...I have stronger medicine in the way of .50 where the same likeness that can be setup 700-800 yards away to be perforated...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

stevie, I might take you up on the .50 option.

Glenn

anygunanywhere

I feel better too.

Post by anygunanywhere »

Works better than the waterfall or proverbial aquarium. However, a nice merlot and the missus in the hot tub....Oh wait. Is this G rated? :oops:

Yes, difrent strokes fer difrent folks. :lol:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”