Links for gun safe info in the works

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Links for gun safe info in the works

Post by Pawpaw »

Probably 6 to 8 inches between the beams at least. The cables were held up about 1" above the moisture barrier before the concrete was poured.

That would mean the cables are at least 4" from the top surface of the slab. The anchors they used were probably 1-1/2" long and certainly no more than 2".

Besides, if you've ever drilled into concrete, you know it instantly if you hit rebar or one of those cables. :shock:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

tx mountaineer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tx mountaineer »

Came across The Gunbox bedside or table side safe thought I would pass it along.

Seems like it would keep kids safe and easy access in the middle of the night.

https://www.thegunbox.com

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

I found this site extremely useful for getting educated about safes: http://gunsafereviewsguy.com/
USAF 1982-2005

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 17

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Pawpaw wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 pm Probably 6 to 8 inches between the beams at least. The cables were held up about 1" above the moisture barrier before the concrete was poured.

That would mean the cables are at least 4" from the top surface of the slab. The anchors they used were probably 1-1/2" long and certainly no more than 2".

Besides, if you've ever drilled into concrete, you know it instantly if you hit rebar or one of those cables. :shock:
Don't water lines also run through the slab at some areas?

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:57 pm
Pawpaw wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 pm Probably 6 to 8 inches between the beams at least. The cables were held up about 1" above the moisture barrier before the concrete was poured.

Don't water lines also run through the slab at some areas?
Yes, but I saw and photographed my house being built. I know where they are and that they're very deep below the surface of the slab.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Qunine
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Re:

Post by Qunine »

I got an Amsec from The Safe Company (agunsafe.com) delivered and installed for around $1000 earlier this year. They did a great job, and I would have no problem buying from them again. They did seem kind of surprised that I wanted a manual dial rather than an electronic, but they swapped it out for me with no hassles. I decided on the Amsec because of the steel plate on the door rather than just formed thin sheet metal. It seemed like the best bang for the buck, and it fit perfectly in a cubby basically rendering access to the back and sides impossible without some demolition.
After much research on the issue, I think Amsec makes one of the best safes out there. Here is a link to review about best gun safes at secretstorages.com
I considered a Liberty, but after a few negative youtube videos, and seeing how hard they push the marketing, im nervous about them.
A safe company that puts a lot of time and money into making their product look pretty, has to cut corners somewhere else ...attack/ fire resistance.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”