Links for gun safe info in the works

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

nativenyerintexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Links for gun safe info in the works

Post by nativenyerintexas »

http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_r ... tail&id=18

I bought one of these from www.campmor.com about a month ago. I own a full size one I use on my motorcycle for long trips and it worked great so i thought this would be a great thing to use for when I have my gun with me while I'd out riding around and need to lock the gun with the bike. I don't have my CHL yet. It works great so far. Beretta has this samr thing for sale on their site but they want $55 for theirs... the only difference is their has the Beretta logo on it.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
--- Benjamin Franklin

vscott

Re:

Post by vscott »

:smilelol5:[/quote]

I'm just glad he made sure it was "retinal" with the "tin" in the middle...

(I'm going to keep track of how many people get this one! :lol: )[/quote]
"rlol" :cryin :rolll
NRA
TSRA
PSC

Took class 4/5/08
1/29/09 - 291 days - Plastic received
Project One Million:Texas - Click here ... NRA Today!

steve0

Post by steve0 »

Good links ,good info ! Thank you for share it !

jamullinstx

Post by jamullinstx »

I use a huge Sentry fire/security safe in my home, but for travel on airlines or in my car with my Px4 I use the Biobox that can be found here:

http://www.sequiam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not the speediest opening action, but requires no combination and fits easily under a car seat or in luggage when traveling by air.

Assassin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Assassin »

Does anyone know where a good safe review site is? I am looking at spending approx. $3K on a good safe. I'm looking at the Browning Medallion and the Ft. Knox Protector now.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 17

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Assassin wrote:Does anyone know where a good safe review site is? I am looking at spending approx. $3K on a good safe. I'm looking at the Browning Medallion and the Ft. Knox Protector now.
Check the links at the top of this thread. When shopping for my safe, I found some invaluable information here.
I will share my experiences with you. I found the browning and Ft Knox safes to be very good quality, but soon realized i could purchase other brands of equal quality and larger for less money than either of the two brands you mentioned. I ended up with an american security safe and am very happy with it. I spent about 2700.00.

Assassin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Assassin »

jslaug

Post by jslaug »

I got mine here and am very pleased with the quality. http://www.diamondbackgunsafes.com/

mike
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mike »

You are woefully ignorant about securityproducts1.com safes. I personally own one of their key lock safes and it is one of the most secure and well crafted on the market. I also own a manufacturing company that makes ATM drive-up enclosures, we are allowed to use their locking systems in our enclosures and have been for 6 years on three continents. If you want to see how good these locks are, just put 80K in 20.00 in a drive through ATM in the middle of a parking lot and see if it can be broken into. It takes 25000 pounds of force to break these locks; a crow bar will not do it. I have deployed over 600 ATM enclosures and can truthfully say we have never been penetrated.

If your story were true, the owner of the safe would have had it repaired or replaced; Security Products provides a lifetime warranty to the original owner and will fix or replace any safe that is in a fire or attempted break-in.

Topic author
ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

mike wrote:You are woefully ignorant about securityproducts1.com safes. I personally own one of their key lock safes and it is one of the most secure and well crafted on the market. I also own a manufacturing company that makes ATM drive-up enclosures, we are allowed to use their locking systems in our enclosures and have been for 6 years on three continents. If you want to see how good these locks are, just put 80K in 20.00 in a drive through ATM in the middle of a parking lot and see if it can be broken into. It takes 25000 pounds of force to break these locks; a crow bar will not do it. I have deployed over 600 ATM enclosures and can truthfully say we have never been penetrated.

If your story were true, the owner of the safe would have had it repaired or replaced; Security Products provides a lifetime warranty to the original owner and will fix or replace any safe that is in a fire or attempted break-in.
:confused5 That's a heck of a first post. Who is it that you are addressing?

Uh, welcome aboard.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

mike

Post by mike »

Sorry, but people that don't know what they are talking about get to me...

I was responding to this guy;

by 03Lightningrocks on Sun May 18, 2008 12:08 pm

kicker wrote:
http://www.securityproducts1.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are manufactured right here in Texas near Waco. Very nice safes, I have the gunslinger with electronic lock model.

Be careful with these. I have a friend who's uncle lost about 15K in guns out of one of the styles with two key locking bolts. They only have two locking points and can be pried open using two crow bars. The police figured it took the thieves about 10 minutes to get his opened. For what these safes cost, you can get a whole lot better safes.NRA Member03Lightningrocks

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 17

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

mike wrote:Sorry, but people that don't know what they are talking about get to me...

kicker wrote:
http://www.securityproducts1.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are manufactured right here in Texas near Waco. Very nice safes, I have the gunslinger with electronic lock model.

Be careful with these. I have a friend who's uncle lost about 15K in guns out of one of the styles with two key locking bolts. They only have two locking points and can be pried open using two crow bars. The police figured it took the thieves about 10 minutes to get his opened. For what these safes cost, you can get a whole lot better safes.NRA Member03Lightningrocks
LOL...so I take it you are wishing for everything you are worth that my story isn't true. Oh my.....this is one wish you aren't going to get. You have no idea which model the guy had. For that matter, neither do I. I have seen these safes and like others they offer different levels. Your absolutely wrong to say these are some of the most secure safes on the market. They are low end alternatives. Do some research on safes and you will see why. By the way, it isn't the lock that breaks. It is a prying type failure. I related a story and that was that. There are better alternatives in safes for the money.

By the way noobie....thanks for the personal insult. :thumbs2:
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike

Post by mike »

mike wrote:
Sorry, but people that don't know what they are talking about get to me...

kicker wrote:

LOL...so I take it you are wishing for everything you are worth that my story isn't true. Oh my.....this is one wish you aren't going to get.

By the way noobie....thanks for the personal insult.
I did not mean to insult, it just is not true.

I will put 5K in one of these safes and allow you and two guys to try and open it with crowbars for one hour, if you can, you can have it. IF YOU CAN"T, you pay me 5K and I will buy aother safe after you scratch it up? How about it? We can do it at their plant in Waco?

brewster

Post by brewster »

I must admit that I am starting to find this discussion really entertaining. Let me say that I will take no sides here, but I gotta admit that a challenge like this would determine who's right, and it takes guts to even suggest it. Too bad there would be a substantial financial loss by the loser of the challenge. With that said, I'd guess that disagreements over the internet are rarely settled this way, since all you get is bragging rights. It's always cheaper to agree to disagree! You guys should try and find a sponsor, or maybe webcast the challenge over the internet and charge a couple of bucks. I'd pay to watch it!

On a different subject, I got a lower end safe about a year ago from Wal-Mart. It was on clearance for half price ($250). Not fireproof, but a pretty good safe: http://www.sentrysafe.com/products/prod ... p=CartView" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the trick: wait until late January/early February when they are clearing out the hunting stuff. Those safes take up a lot of shelf space (or warehouse space if they have to store them), so they are willing to lose money on them if your timing is right. The store manager told me that they were losing about $100 on mine, and with an MSRP of $835, I can believe him. I do wish it was fireproof, but oh well. It was a heck of a deal.

One last thing: I installed rope lighting on the inside of door frame, using adhesive clips (I ran it through the dehumidifier hole in the back). Hooked the light to an outlet controlled by a wall switch, and Voila! For $20 you can light every nook and cranny instead of paying for the fancy lighting setups.
"Everybody wang-chung tonight."

mike

Post by mike »

by brewster on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:40 pm

I must admit that I am starting to find this discussion really entertaining. Let me say that I will take no sides here, but I gotta admit that a challenge like this would determine who's right, and it takes guts to even suggest it. Too bad there would be a substantial financial loss by the loser of the challenge. With that said, I'd guess that disagreements over the internet are rarely settled this way, since all you get is bragging rights. It's always cheaper to agree to disagree! You guys should try and find a sponsor, or maybe webcast the challenge over the internet and charge a couple of bucks. I'd pay to watch it!
Thanks for the idea, we may even make some money to cover the cost...
I know their products inside and out, their safes are hand made, as opposed to being made in Korea. I have taken Ft. Knowx, Liberty and Canon apart to see how they are made. I did my home work before we adapted their recessed locks to our ATM enclosures. Banks get realy irritated if they loose money from an enclosure you sell them ;-)

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”