Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Need 22lr to teach my boys to shoot

Post by bagman45 »

Hey gang,
Know this is a BIG ASK, but can anybody share the ammo delivery schedule for the Walmart and Academy's around the Plano area? I know that each has a different delivery schedule, and that the resale vultures are waiting to snatch it all up EVERY DAY. Being a working man, I can't do that, so throw myself on the mercy of your generosity.... I've been taking my 10 and 15 year old boys to learn to shoot, but have just about used up my 22 stash. Need to score more than the 40 round boxes I've been finding at Academy to keep the shooting. If I know when the stuff is going to show up, I might have a fighting chance to grab a bit. Thanks for any help you can provide. :patriot: :txflag:

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Need 22lr to teach my boys to shoot

Post by EEllis »

At the Acadamy's I go to there isn't a schedule. I've been told that they may get ammo mon-thurs they never know.

croc870
Posts in topic: 1

Post by croc870 »

Shoot me a pm and I'll sell you some 22 for whatever walmart charges.

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

EEllis wrote:At the Acadamy's I go to there isn't a schedule. I've been told that they may get ammo mon-thurs they never know.

Academy actually does have a schedule for their trucks. Just ask any employee at your local store what days of the week they get their trucks. They stock from earlier in the am, so plan on being there when the doors open on the day of their truck. Good luck!
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

steveincowtown wrote:
EEllis wrote:At the Acadamy's I go to there isn't a schedule. I've been told that they may get ammo mon-thurs they never know.

Academy actually does have a schedule for their trucks. Just ask any employee at your local store what days of the week they get their trucks. They stock from earlier in the am, so plan on being there when the doors open on the day of their truck. Good luck!
And at mine they said they get trucks in Mon-Thurs. If you want to consider that a schedule then fine ...

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

Be at Academy at 8a when the does open.
WalMart usually puts it on the shelves at 7:30a....They do not get trucks on Sun or Wed nights so there will be no ammo on Mon or Thur morning. If you make it Ftw I will give your kids a bulk pack. just PM me
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

At my Academy, they hold 22LR and 9mm at the customer service desk, and limit sales to two boxes a customer. I think this is current corporate policy.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. I've had ZERO luck at the Wally's around here; pretty sure the employees are scarfing it up or holding it for their buddies, so I've pretty much given up on them. I hit Academy 2 or 3 times a week, and the one in Frisco has little boxes now and then, but nothing that'll last more than 20 minutes at the range. Just hoping the hoarders stop soon....

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

http://ammo-can.net/stock/

I use the link above to check on Wal-Mart ammo stocks and it seems to be fairly accurate. I was going from Waco to Copperas Cove and saw that Gatesville had 3 different brands of .22 in stock (@ 8 AM) so I stopped in at noon. They were low but not completely out so I was able to get my three boxes. Now I get to take my nephew and nieces shooting.

I have started watching the listing for store in smaller towns along my path on any trips. They seem to be slower to sell out.

Bang4Buck

Post by Bang4Buck »

http://www.gunbot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ammoseek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Save yourself all the driving around looking for ammo. :cheers2:

Topic author
bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

I do tour the ammo engines regularly, but the prices for rimfire are just insane!!! I refuse to pay 16-20 cents a round to a scalper for something selling for a nickle or less a round at the store. I just WON'T do it! Until we all take a stand against these vultures, this stupidity will continue. Once they can no longer sell it for an immediate 3X profit, they'll stop bringing crews to the stores to suck up everything they can get their hands on. I realize that they are practicing captalism; good on 'em for that, but if we refuse to buy at these stupid prices, supply and demand will work against them. In the meantime, I guess we'll just have to do without. Rant over. For now....... :grumble

Bang4Buck

Post by Bang4Buck »

I can get 9mm for about .30/round and 5.56 for .50/round so I am happy. I ordered 1000 rounds today. :woohoo

Topic author
bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

Yup, the centerfire calibers are dropping daily and seem to be headed back to pre-stupidity levels, but NO .22LR :confused5

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

MidwayUSA has several varieties of Aguila 22 in stock today.

Ark03

Post by Ark03 »

Lewisville Academy gets trucks on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but they don't know what they're getting ahead of time (they may or may not have whatever you're looking for on every truck). If you're really in a bind, I'll sell you some .22 LR at cost (I live in Lewisville and work in Irving area). The times I've walked in a bit after opening (at 8) I've been able to buy my 2-box limit of 9mm or .22.

Have you tried your gunrange? Mine always has .22 for $3-4/box of 50. The new Lewisville Gander Mountain even had plenty of CCI in stock the other day - I don't recall it being especially cheap, but they did have it at a (somewhat) reasonable prices.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”