Multi tool

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
HenryAKirk
Posts in topic: 2

Multi tool

Post by HenryAKirk »

Does anyone have any experience with this.
I think I'm going to pick one up but I'm cheap and don't want to buy a knife that I'm just going to destroy..
It's the Gerber Crucial Black

http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/Tool ... _31-001518

:patriot: Everyone has been given a gift in life...And warriors have been given the gift of aggression.These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs Lt. Col. Dave Grossman :txflag:

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Multi tool

Post by Crossfire »

I don't have that particular one, but I know this - you CAN'T destroy a Gerber tool. Unless you used another Gerber to do it with...

Really, I have carried the same Gerber multi-tool for years, and done all sorts of bad things to it. It still works just like new. It was a replacement for a Leatherman tool that only lasted a few months.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

Crossfire wrote:...you CAN'T destroy a Gerber tool. Unless you used another Gerber to do it with...
This is factually incorrect. If two Gerbers had a fight, the only thing damaged would be everything else in the room.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Topic author
HenryAKirk

Post by HenryAKirk »

thanks yall
I better not buy two, what if i put them in the same pocket?
OUCH :leaving
:patriot: Everyone has been given a gift in life...And warriors have been given the gift of aggression.These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs Lt. Col. Dave Grossman :txflag:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

MasterOfNone wrote:
Crossfire wrote:...you CAN'T destroy a Gerber tool. Unless you used another Gerber to do it with...
This is factually incorrect. If two Gerbers had a fight, the only thing damaged would be everything else in the room.
True, indeed. I'm not sure if even Chuck Norris could destroy a Gerber.
:biggrinjester:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

I've had the same Gerber tool for 21 years and not a thing wrong with it.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I prefer leatherman, not sure why but I have the wave and the titanium version of the Charge. I got 1 for my dad and 1 for my bro too.
:thumbs2:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

I actually did break a Gerber tool when I was in the Army. However I sent it to Gerber and got a new one at no cost.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The only multi-tool I own is a Leatherman MUT. I like it. I does what it was designed to do, and I've never had any kind of problem with it. On the other hand, it's an AR armorer's tool, and I'm not about to try and test it to destruction on one of my ARs.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The only multi-tool I own is a Leatherman MUT. I like it. I does what it was designed to do, and I've never had any kind of problem with it. On the other hand, it's an AR armorer's tool, and I'm not about to try and test it to destruction on one of my ARs.
I have a MUT and a Wave, both excellent tools. Gerbers are excellent as well. Frankly, I'd put both up against a Multitasker (http://www.multitaskertools.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) any day now, especially with the new Series 3. The guys at Multitasker are, in a word, rabid about getting the multi-tool right, and it shows.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Some of the new stuff from Gerber is made in China and shows it.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

I'm in the Leatherman camp. I bought a Gerber to replace one the TSA found hidden in my travel bag change and it didn't last more than about a month before the screwdriver broke. Made in China and the quality shows.

On the other hand I have one of the original Leatherman's and it still looks and works like new. YMMV

Larry
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

Vol Texan wrote:True, indeed. I'm not sure if even Chuck Norris could destroy a Gerber. :biggrinjester:
Chuck Norris wouldn't have to destroy the Gerber, he would only have to tell it to destroy itself.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

I carry multi tools every day, and they do get used for something just about every single day. I got my first SOG multi tool in 1991 and was hooked on the use. Over the years my son and I have gone through quite a few Leathermans and Gerbers that just don't seem to have near the quality of steel as my old SOG. In our case the wire cutters often get a work out when we have to clear old wire away from fence corners while searching for boundary corner stakes. My old SOG, even with the sideways flip out pliers, still has almost perfect cutter surfaces after cutting hundreds of pieces of barber wire, but the Gerbers and Leathermans seem to pit, roll or dull after only a few dozen cuts. I stopped carrying the SOG a few years ago, partly due to the flip out design of the pliers, but mainly due to just being downright sentimental and wanting to make it last a lifetime. I probably could have saved a lot of money over the years if I had just bought us each a more modern SOG tool at about twice the cost of the others. Unfortunately, just like most other manufacturers, SOG also has a line of china made junk now too.
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

O6nop

Post by O6nop »

It looks like it is a little less than the cost of a wave and has less than a third of the tools. The strap cutter is cool, tho'.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”