Some cold, hard truth about open carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Some cold, hard truth about open carry

Post by A-R »

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... ore-308491" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you’re open carrying I highly recommend carrying in a Level 2 retention holster – at least. If you don’t, kick your situational awareness up a notch or three. Keep an eye on anyone getting close to your gun, especially in stores and other public places. If you have the slightest suspicion a gun grab is in the offing (I’ve seen people do it “just for fun”) turn your body so that your gun is harder to reach.

RKlenka

Re: Some cold, hard truth about open carry

Post by RKlenka »

Who ever does a gun grab "just for fun" deserves a few "just for fun". Whether that few are strikes to the face or rounds to the body will depend on how well i know that person.

But anytime i carry OWB i do so with some type of retention holster. Both in competition, class or in carry.
Texas CHL Instructor - NRA Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Black powder rifle, Black powder pistol
Russian Martial Art Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

fm2

Post by fm2 »

I agree with the notion of retention holsters for open carry, even though I am not a fan of open carry. The Safariland retention holsters seem to function better than most. That's probably due to Bill Rogers influence.
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

There have been a lot of police officers killed with their own handgun.

As with all risks in life, it is smarter to be aware of the risks and prepare for them. That doesn't mean that all risks should be avoided, merely that they should be managed judiciously.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

redfeather crow

Post by redfeather crow »

That's a good idea in the city but in the country I carry a revolver in a simple snap holster. Gravity is my main concern when I open carry.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”