Probably not a daily carry pistol, but...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Probably not a daily carry pistol, but...

Post by Vol Texan »

Yesterday I picked up a couple of new gems for my modest collection. While getting her hair done yesterday, my dear wife met sweet lady who was looking to sell a couple of old firearms. My wife's ears perked up, and she called me...and a few hours later all was done (and now I'm here to share).

First was a Ruger Super Redhawk with a ~9 inch barrel and a Bushnell scope attached (like I said in the title, likely not to be my EDC). It's my first .44 magnum, so I'm looking forward to exercising it this weekend.
I've attached two photos below - sorry for the lighting, I'm quite an amateur at photography.

Second one was a Charles Daly Miroku 20 gauge over/under shotgun. I don't have photos of this one yet, and I'm still trying to get the full info on it, but it looks really good. I've never owned a shotgun before, and skeet / trap has never been on my radar, but I think I'm interested in learning more now! If anyone has any info on this model, please share.

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Glockster
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Probably not a daily carry pistol, but...

Post by Glockster »

Sounds like she should go there more frequently. This just so wouldn't happen to me! Are you not sharing what you paid for them out of kindness (as you know we'll be that sad)? :drool:
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Glockster wrote:Sounds like she should go there more frequently. This just so wouldn't happen to me! Are you not sharing what you paid for them out of kindness (as you know we'll be that sad)? :drool:
Ahh...to share pricing.

Too high, and I got cheated.
Too low, and I'm bragging.
Best to leave it to the imagination.

Suffice to say that in the entire transaction, there were no commas (and no decimal points, either).
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

Those are not the guns you are looking for...

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I see you exploited the old beauty salon loophole. :mrgreen:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Is that my dollar? :biggrinjester:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”