Retention Holsters for Concealed or Open Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Retention Holsters for Concealed or Open Carry

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm looking for an easy on / easy off holster for a Glock 21 and separately for a Glock 36. I'm thinking that a paddle holster might be best, but the ones I have tried in the past held the butt of the gun too far from my body. I am planning on wearing a cover garment and not obviously displaying the weapon, but am a lot less concerned about printing than I was in the past. That said, I want something that provides a reasonable level of concealment, comfort, decent retention, and ease of taking on and off. Price is not an issue.

Another member recommended Kramer gun leather. This is the only paddle holster I could find for them:

http://kramerleather.com/productDetail. ... egoryID=25

I am also considering this holster from Bianchi:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/34700 ... -p-leather

I would appreciate any feedback on these holsters as well as any other suggestions.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MadMonkey »

mr1337 wrote:With the Desantis holster - it looks like it has similar problems as a Serpa holster. Your trigger finger is what disengages the retention.

I don't know about you, but for me, my trigger finger has one job, and one job only: to stay away from the trigger until I'm ready to fire. Serpas are known for negligent discharges because people shooting under duress don't disengage the retention with the correct form, thus pulling their trigger finger into the trigger guard and pulling the trigger.
I've played around with a free Serpa that came with one of my pistols. Suffice it to say I'll never use a Serpa with a live weapon unless I have no other choice.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

chrispens

Post by chrispens »

I have the Safariland 578 GLS for lefties. It's a great holster. I can adjust it to fit two different handguns I own and carry.

http://www.safariland.com/search?q=578

Steve

Post by Steve »

Some good holster info here. I've been debating if I wanted a retention holster or not for open carry. I currently have a HF2 by tucker and I've been wondering if I should have something with retention to prevent snatches.

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Excaliber »

Another new entry in this category by Doubleclick Holsters, a family owned Texas based company, that looks like a really nice offering can be seen here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

darkmavis9

Post by darkmavis9 »

Good list, thanks for posting :thumbs2:

Duke01

Post by Duke01 »

I have a Springfield xds 45. What would be some good recommendations for inside the waist concealment holsters

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

Looking for a holster I can clip to suspenders instead of a belt for cc

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:09 am I'm looking for an easy on / easy off holster for a Glock 21 and separately for a Glock 36. I'm thinking that a paddle holster might be best, but the ones I have tried in the past held the butt of the gun too far from my body. I am planning on wearing a cover garment and not obviously displaying the weapon, but am a lot less concerned about printing than I was in the past. That said, I want something that provides a reasonable level of concealment, comfort, decent retention, and ease of taking on and off. Price is not an issue.

Another member recommended Kramer gun leather. This is the only paddle holster I could find for them:

http://kramerleather.com/productDetail. ... egoryID=25

I am also considering this holster from Bianchi:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/34700 ... -p-leather

I would appreciate any feedback on these holsters as well as any other suggestions.
I chose a RDR holster after I viewed a video where Colin Noir said it was his favorite holster for ease of on and off. I have been happy with it. About 48.00 to my door. CS is great also.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”