G-26 extentions

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sensei
Posts in topic: 1

G-26 extentions

Post by sensei »

I put the Scherer extentions on 2 of my magazines (G-26) and headed to the range for a test.

I would shoot 1 mag without the extention and then one with the extention.

I found that I am more accurate without the extention than with it. This was especially true with rapid fire. This came as a surprise to me. I thought it would be the other way around.

Without the extention I shot everything in the bullseye at 21 ft and also at 45 ft.

With the extention I would shot an average of 3 shots out of ten out of the bull. All were at about 8:00 o'clock and 2 inches low at 21 ft. It was worse than that at 45 ft. Sounds to me like it may just be a grip adjustment problem.

Anyway, I came home and removed the grips. I would rather be accurate with two less bullets than have the extra bullets and miss. I don't want some of my mags with the extentions and some without them. Consistancy, you know?

No big deal. Just thought I would pass on my experience.

Ray

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Hmmmm... Very interesting. Maybe you were squeazing with your little finger in anticipation of the recoil. Without the pinky extension it would have no effect. Just a thought.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Those smaller framed pistols do seem to shoot better for some reason...

My guess is that coming back "on target" may be due to that weight/recoil factor(s)...Who knows...I haven't shot too many of those smaller, compact weapons...

Something to be verified in the near future though...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”