Remington R1 enhanced stainless steel

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rotor
Posts in topic: 8

Remington R1 enhanced stainless steel

Post by rotor »

So I have been following the posts about 1911's and have never been that thrilled especially after some of the horror stories with the Ruger 1911 posted but was interested on getting my hands on the Remington R1 enhanced SS model which got a nice review in GunTests but nobody seems to have one. I know I can get one by mail order but that's not the same as having one in your hand prior to buying. Anyone have any suggestions about this gun or know of any stores in the DFW area that stock them? Any personal experiences?

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Remington R1 enhanced stainless steel

Post by joe817 »

Have you gone to the Remington Arms site and punch in your zip code for the store locator?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

rotor wrote:So I have been following the posts about 1911's and have never been that thrilled especially after some of the horror stories with the Ruger 1911 posted but was interested on getting my hands on the Remington R1 enhanced SS model which got a nice review in GunTests but nobody seems to have one. I know I can get one by mail order but that's not the same as having one in your hand prior to buying. Anyone have any suggestions about this gun or know of any stores in the DFW area that stock them? Any personal experiences?

It is a horror Story about the Ruger. I have a Ruger SS 1911 a commander size and I have had not a single issue. A good friend of mine shot it and said it had a better trigger than his Kimber. Mine isn't the lightweight version either.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

:iagree:
Right2Carry wrote:
rotor wrote:So I have been following the posts about 1911's and have never been that thrilled especially after some of the horror stories with the Ruger 1911 posted but was interested on getting my hands on the Remington R1 enhanced SS model which got a nice review in GunTests but nobody seems to have one. I know I can get one by mail order but that's not the same as having one in your hand prior to buying. Anyone have any suggestions about this gun or know of any stores in the DFW area that stock them? Any personal experiences?

It is a horror Story about the Ruger. I have a Ruger SS 1911 a commander size and I have had not a single issue. A good friend of mine shot it and said it had a better trigger than his Kimber. Mine isn't the lightweight version either.
Same results for me

patterson

Post by patterson »

I have the full size Ruger SR 1911 and no issues so far.

Topic author
rotor

Post by rotor »

joe817 wrote:Have you gone to the Remington Arms site and punch in your zip code for the store locator?
Yes. Not even one at Cabelas.

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

My issues with the Ruger did not deter me from purchasing another 1911, in fact I've since purchased two more. Its a fun pistol to run.

Grabagun had the threaded barrel version in their case, may still have one in store. Check them also, I ordered a gun on their website and it was ready to be picked up in store in 2 days.

I think the issue with the ruger is in the lightweight model with the titanium feed ramp insert. I've been slowly reworking the barrel throat and its been feeding fine.

Haven't read any issues with the all stainless ones on the ruger. Mine will punch the 10 ring out at 7 yards easy, accurate pistol.

If you do get an R1, report back because I'm interested in the 9mm version.

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 6

Post by cmgee67 »

No issues with mine. I have the all steel. Great fun and for the money it's really hard to beat. No horror story for me

Topic author
rotor

Post by rotor »

Perhaps I should be looking at the Ruger. It seems to be readily available.

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

Not sure where you are located but the academy in NRH has the commander stainless ruger, and the academy on north tarrant has the 5 inch stainless ruger. About 50-100 more expensive than online but they have them.

Topic author
rotor

Post by rotor »

FastCarry wrote:Not sure where you are located but the academy in NRH has the commander stainless ruger, and the academy on north tarrant has the 5 inch stainless ruger. About 50-100 more expensive than online but they have them.
My local Academy has the Ruger but they will NOT remove gun lock so you can hold it but not really try it before you buy. I want to feel the trigger.
Thank you all for assistance.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

The trigger is excellent about the best I've felt

Topic author
rotor

Post by rotor »

cmgee67 wrote:The trigger is excellent about the best I've felt
Thank you for the info.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

No prob! I have handled the Remington as well my grandpa has one. It's a good gun as well but not near as nice as the ruger

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”