ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

ammo on sale

Post by Venus Pax »

Remington .40 cal is on sale at Atascocita Wal-Mart for $11.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Mike1951 »

Excellent idea!!

Should we post online deals here as well or just keep it for walk-in businesses?
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Roy D. Mercer

Post by Roy D. Mercer »

I think this is a great idea!

To keep a rolling commentary on the price of ammo, anywhere.

Sharon Gene only gives me enough allowance to run to the hardware store to pick up a brick of .22 every now and then.

Maybe now I can show her the deals I can get on .45 now. I need to rotate my stock that I got back in '52.
How big a boy are you!

.45 is the only way to fly!

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Skiprr »

Yep, I make it a policy to rotate through my ammo stock at least once every 50 years. :grin:

Best deal I've seen recently on defensive ammo is for Winchester Ranger, .40 S&W 180 grain (not bonded) at Sportsman's Guide: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=288358. They have .40 S&W only in stock, so I assume this is the result of a bulk buy they got somewhere. They have boxes of 50, and lots of 250 and 500 rounds; the 500 is $132.97, or 26.6 cents per round.

They also still have the best deal on good .45 ACP FMJ I've seen in the past couple of months. It's Sellier & Bellot 230 grain, brass case, not remanufactured. It's $10.90 per 50, regardless of quantity; 21.8 cents per round. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=334248

Quick question: anybody shot enough Aguila to give a thumbs up or down on quality?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 2

Post by propellerhead »

9mm CCI Blazer Alum at cademy in Fort Worth goes for $6.98 per box of 50.
.40 CCI Blazer Brass at Walmart in Fort Worth goes for $7.57 per box of 50.
.45 CCI Blazer Brass at Walmart in Fort Worth goes for $9.87 per box of 50.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

Skiprr wrote:............Quick question: anybody shot enough Aguila to give a thumbs up or down on quality?
My Kimber Compact Stainless did NOT like Aguilla, but strangely enough my Kel-Tec P3AT and Kel-Tec PF9 digested every bit. I'm guessing that the brass may be a bit thin, and with the timing on the 4" Kimber is such that there is a bit of case bulging on extraction the thin casings may be bulging enough to swell in the chamber on partial extraction. Whatever it is, the Aguilla I bought in bulk bags (guaranteed new) at the gun shows is fine in some guns, and not so fine in others.
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

fizteach
Posts in topic: 3

ammunition

Post by fizteach »

Blazer is going for 9.97 for .40 and 11.57 for .45 acp. Wgat us up?

fizteach

Re: ammunition

Post by fizteach »

fizteach wrote:Blazer is going for 9.97 for .40 and 11.57 for .45 acp at Walmart in Dallas. What is up?

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Skiprr wrote:Quick question: anybody shot enough Aguila to give a thumbs up or down on quality?
Aguila is mue bueno! It works...

I just never see enough of it around... :headscratch

Where have you seen it???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Skiprr »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Aguila is mue bueno! It works...

Never mind. I'd priced 9mm FMJ 115gr at Ammunition To Go on June 5 at a case of 1,000 for $157.95, 15.8 cents per round. But they no no longer have it in stock. I snoozed, I loozed... ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Skiprr wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:Aguila is mue bueno! It works...

Never mind. I'd priced 9mm FMJ 115gr at Ammunition To Go on June 5 at a case of 1,000 for $157.95, 15.8 cents per round. But they no no longer have it in stock. I snoozed, I loozed... ;-)
Loozer! :lol:

Obviously, I would just run a deal with that vendor to give you a holler when they get some more in...

You've got my interest peaked now...I need to restock Wife Units ammo pile in 9mm...She needs some good practice FMJ...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Commander
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Commander »

propellerhead wrote:9mm CCI Blazer Alum at cademy in Fort Worth goes for $6.98 per box of 50.
Which Walmart in Ft Worth? Mine (Rockwall) is selling the .45 Blazer Brass for $11.96 per box of 50.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

PhilR.

Post by PhilR. »

Academy has 9mm WWB for $5.97 a box. Cheaper for 50 rounds than the 100 ct. box at Wal-Mart. Even cheaper than regular Blazer.

Don't know if it's statewide or just the store in College Station.....

PhilR.

fizteach

ammo

Post by fizteach »

Okay -- I don't know what the deal is, but .40 cal Blazer is 7.57 at WalMart in Weatherford, but 9.57 at Dallas WalMarts. I called a Dallas store and they didn't know either. Anyone know why the price differences?

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

S&W6946 wrote:
propellerhead wrote:9mm CCI Blazer Alum at cademy in Fort Worth goes for $6.98 per box of 50.
Which Walmart in Ft Worth? Mine (Rockwall) is selling the .45 Blazer Brass for $11.96 per box of 50.
Hulen, White Settlement and the Altamesa stores all have those prices. I've checked the one in Burleson a long time ago and they had different prices.
fizteach wrote:Okay -- I don't know what the deal is, but .40 cal Blazer is 7.57 at WalMart in Weatherford, but 9.57 at Dallas WalMarts. I called a Dallas store and they didn't know either. Anyone know why the price differences?
Apparently they are allowed to do so. Local area economy probably plays a big factor.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”