Moderator: carlson1

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Skiprr »

Just a note about one of my favorite retailers:

Midway USA
Invoice Date: Dec 2 2013 1:28PM
Product: Remington Golden Bullet Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Bucket of 1400

Yeppers, I've been waiting almost one year for that back-order. Reminds of me of waiting for delivery of my POF .308 rifle.

To its credit, Midway provides periodic updates. Not hopeful updates...but updates.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

Today Thunder Range on FM1314 in Conroe had CCI standard velocity 40 grain solid point .22LR for $47/500, and Remington Viper flat point hyper velocity .22LR for $52/500.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Beiruty »

Excaliber wrote:oday Thunder Range on FM1314 in Conroe had CCI standard velocity 40 grain solid point .22LR for $47/500, and Remington Viper flat point hyper velocity .22LR for $52/500.
I used to pay for 525 rds of 22 just $18. Why it is now 3X?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

WeldonHunter
Posts in topic: 67

Post by WeldonHunter »

Beiruty wrote:
Excaliber wrote:oday Thunder Range on FM1314 in Conroe had CCI standard velocity 40 grain solid point .22LR for $47/500, and Remington Viper flat point hyper velocity .22LR for $52/500.
I used to pay for 525 rds of 22 just $18. Why it is now 3X?
Basically because people are paying. That's the short answer. This list http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/.22+LR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; used to be full of 3 and 4 cents a round 22lr but once all the panic buying started 22lr was one of the main casualties. People that didn't have any put away for a rainy day, people wanting to have more because it's so high and they're afraid it's going to stay high and go higher, the secondary market where people are buying to resell at much higher prices and because it's the most widely used caliber in the world. It's slowly coming down in price as is a lot of ammo. I'm seeing it sit on vendor's sites longer and longer. Until people stop buying it as soon they find it for 6 or 7 cents it'll stay somewhat high. People are tired of the high prices in general so I think we're going to see lower and lower prices. It's just going to take a while longer.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

Around $50/box is down from the $65/box I had been seeing for about a year.

The shop I cited had no limits on purchases, and people weren't snatching it off the shelf.

I think we're slowly moving toward sanity again.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Excaliber wrote:Around $50/box is down from the $65/box I had been seeing for about a year.

The shop I cited had no limits on purchases, and people weren't snatching it off the shelf.

Yeah I think you're right. I'm seeing 22lr sit on sites longer and my friends are telling me they're finding it locally more often but still a bit high. I'm seeing prices for other calibers dropping too. Like the deal I posted for the Wolf Gold brass cased boxer primed ammo in an ammo can for $274.99 I posted above. That's about the cheapest for that you'll find but there's a bunch of other places that dropped the price on it too and are real close. It's coming back but's it's doing it slowly.

jminn1
Posts in topic: 2

22 LR at Academy today

Post by jminn1 »

At Academy this morning:

Winchester 500 rds 22LR 36g "High Velocity" for $30 this morning.

Cheers
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

JRG
Posts in topic: 25

Post by JRG »

Not necessarily on sale, but I did see a sight I have not seen in years yesterday. At Gander Mountain in Arlington, they had CCI 22LR Mini Mags HP in 100 round boxes for $7.99 ON THE SHELF. Everywhere else it has been hidden from sight behind the counter. They still had a 3 box limit, but that was okay. I bought my 3 boxes and left a happy guy.

They also had bricks of the 22LR Thunderbolts on the shelf too. Did not check the price of those though.

Joe

WeldonHunter

Wolf Gold .223/5.56 55gr FMJ $289.44/1000rds+Free Shipping!

Post by WeldonHunter »

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/s ... 00rds.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They also still have the same deal with an ammo can at $279.44+SH and the shipping is usually pretty decent.
http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/s ... o-can.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 7

Post by uthornsfan »

Picked up some Pierce 9mm and .45 ACP from Ammunitiondepot.

I read good things about both so we will see.

$.22 a round after shipping for 9mm and $.32 a round for .45 ACP after shipping. Got a notice almost immediately, shipping notice the next day and it will be here by monday. Ordered on 1/27

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Pierce-9 ... 124fmj.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Pierce-4 ... 230fmj.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 17

Post by longhorn_92 »

Excaliber wrote:Around $50/box is down from the $65/box I had been seeing for about a year.

Not only do we have to compete against other customers "snatching" the 22lr off the shelves... We have to compete against employees "snatching" 22lr off the truck BEFORE it even gets to the shelves. I talked to a Wal-Mart employee this morning and he said there's an investigation at this one particular Wal-Mart in San Antonio. Apparently the ammo was on the truck and it was marked as received by the store but it got "lost" somewhere between receiving and the shelf.

He said the computer says they have 22lr in inventory but it's gone. Someone should be looking at the camera at this one! I've heard other stories about employees hiding ammunition. What a shame!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

adaboy5
Posts in topic: 2

Post by adaboy5 »

Academy here in lubbock finally had some 22LR for sale. I picked up two boxes each day as that was the limit. First day they had CCI AR tactical 300 count $23, but there was a 1 box limit. The Federal 50 count $2.29 a box(two box limit). They had Aquila and blazer as well. In all total I have 700 rounds now!!

LDB415
Posts in topic: 9

Post by LDB415 »

The Academy here is a 2 box limit period unless it's a semi-brick which is limit 1.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Wolf Gold Brass Cased Boxer Primed .223 FMJ $299.99/1000rds+Free Shipping!

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/s ... t1887.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

silverbear
Posts in topic: 3

Post by silverbear »

Walmart LaPorte today had American Eagle .22LR $2.47 box of 50, limit 3. Also Perfecta 9mm at $10.97 and .45ACP at $18.97 for box of 50.
I support the right to arm bears.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”