ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

A friend of mine in New Hampshire is running a beta version of a website that searches and compiles ammo prices. He warns that it's just a beta, and the final version will be better looking, but I think it works great as it is.

http://beta.ammodaily.com/

badkarma56
Posts in topic: 2

Post by badkarma56 »

Hyunchback wrote:
Isimanica wrote:anyone use Sportsmansguide? I find that they have good deals on ammo at times. Oh and they 30-06 ammo they are selling right now in garand clips on the website is wrong. They have Greek ammo for sale labeled as Korean in 30 cal cans. Just thought I mention that while I was cruising the web tonight.
I've not ordered ammo through Sportsmansguide.

I did have occasion to compare two different makes of military surplus ammo, though. Photos showing 100 yard bench rest firing of Lake City vs. South African 7.62 x 51mm (.308) available on my blog post.

http://cztheday.blogspot.com/2007/03/fa ... sting.html

For plinking either would be acceptable, but the LC was clearly the better ammo through the rifle being used.
I've ordered from Sportsman's Guide several times...some pretty good prices can be found there, and they've got fast shipping. Plus the web is full of coupon codes (check Google) that will get you free/reduced shipping or 10% off on certain orders. I most recently ordered 500 rounds of Federal 9mm NATO 124 gr. FMJ and 250 rounds of Fiocchi .45 ACP 230 gr. FMJ; the 9mm NATO was about $80 ($8/box of 50), and the .45 was about $65 ($13/box of 50).

With the big ammo industry price-hike coming in about a month, I'm actively trying to find deals everywhere... :crazy:

**HEY YOU, STEP AWAY FROM MY AMMO STASH!!
Online CHL App Completed: 25JUN07
CHL App Packet Received from DPS: 29JUN07
CHL Class: 7JUL07
CHL App Sent to DPS: 9JUL07
DPS Received CHL App: 12JUL07
DPS "Processing App": 25JUL07
DPS "App Completed": 15AUG07
CHL In-Hand: 17AUG07

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dan20703 »

Cool!!

...and WOW!!!!

Midway USA Extreme Shock Air Freedom 85 Frangible 5 $11.49 200 1000 $2298.00 + $27.82 = $2325.82
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Hoppes
Posts in topic: 5

Ammo Beta Site

Post by Hoppes »

KBCraig wrote:A friend of mine in New Hampshire is running a beta version of a website that searches and compiles ammo prices. He warns that it's just a beta, and the final version will be better looking, but I think it works great as it is.

http://beta.ammodaily.com/
Thanks for sharing the URL KBCraig. This is a cool web site. I checked it out. Please tell your friend thanks for sharing this.

Hoppes
---
The best test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. - Eric Hoffer
---

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

Thanks, Hoppes. I'll tell him.

Oh, and he'll also have more sources to compare when he releases the final version.

Hoppes

San Antonio Area

Post by Hoppes »

KBCraig wrote:Thanks, Hoppes. I'll tell him.

Oh, and he'll also have more sources to compare when he releases the final version.
Great.

Hoppes
---
The best test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. - Eric Hoffer
---

sailor2000

Post by sailor2000 »

[quote="badkarma56"

With the big ammo industry price-hike coming in about a month, I'm actively trying to find deals everywhere... :crazy:

quote]

What big ammo industry price hike??

badkarma56
Posts in topic: 2

Post by badkarma56 »

sailor2000 wrote:[
Several major American ammo companies (i.e., ATK which owns CCI/Speer/Federal; as well as Remington and Winchester) have recently notified retailers of their intention to significantly increase their prices on loaded ammo and re-loading components.

In most cases, this will result in at least a 15% price increase across the board on loaded ammo, with certain military calibers (i.e., .223/5.56mm) due for an even larger increase of 25%.:ack: As such, my fellow dude, you've got about one month left to create a semi-affordable ammo stash for yourself...get to work!

The main reasons behind this increase include the allegedly soaring costs of certain semi-precious metals (i.e., copper, brass, zinc, etc.) and the military's ongoing war effort in the Sandbox and the Rockbox (Iraq and Afghanistan).

See this link for more details: https://www.natchezss.com/customerServi ... &src=BA481
Online CHL App Completed: 25JUN07
CHL App Packet Received from DPS: 29JUN07
CHL Class: 7JUL07
CHL App Sent to DPS: 9JUL07
DPS Received CHL App: 12JUL07
DPS "Processing App": 25JUL07
DPS "App Completed": 15AUG07
CHL In-Hand: 17AUG07

Captain Tom

Ammo is getting Expensive

Post by Captain Tom »

I recently switched from my 9 mm to a revolver for my IDPA matches. What a shock! 30 spl is twice as expensive as 9 mm.
The place where I consistently find the best prices is good old Academy. I usually wind up shooting Monarch because my friends can't reload the aluminum Blazer casing.

htxred
Posts in topic: 7

Post by htxred »

badkarma56 wrote:
new law just so happens to come in effect on september 1st, castle doctrine.. im pretty sure gun prices along with ammo will increase dramatically.

Hoppes

Ammo and Handgun Prices

Post by Hoppes »

htxred wrote:
badkarma56 wrote:
I read all three of the PDF files in the link your supplied. Looks like some ammo prices will be increased by nearly 30 percent by January, 2008. Of course, that depends on the price fluctuations of precious metals (Lead, brass, copper, etc.)

How much higher do you think handgun prices will go (percertage wise) after the Castle Doctrine takes effect?

Hoppes
---
---

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Skiprr »

htxred wrote:new law just so happens to come in effect on september 1st, castle doctrine.. im pretty sure gun prices along with ammo will increase dramatically.
Why would firearm or ammo prices be significantly affected by SB 378?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Sly Dog

Speer 9MM Gold Dot 124Gr +P 1000rds $215

Post by Sly Dog »

I copied these two post from the Sig Forum. Seems like a good deal on 9MM ammo:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WTS Speer 9MM Gold Dot 124Gr +P 1000rds $215. Del. lower 48

chetshntnfsh@optonline.net

1000 round cases of 9MM 124Gr +P GDHP. Must send photocopy of proof of age over 21. Certified/cashiers check or postal MO. NY residents add 8.625% sales tax.

certified/cashiers check or postal MO and photocopy of proof of age to;
Chesters
232 ronkonkoma ave
ronkonkoma NY 11779
Reference the 9mm ammo with payment. Thank You,
Chesters

GeoJAP

Post by GeoJAP »

I just stopped by Academy in Austin today and they had the 250-round Mega Packs of Remington .40 S&W on sale for $54. After tax, that works out to be about 23 cents per round. Thats a pretty good price for FMJ range ammo.

roadrunner

Re: Speer 9MM Gold Dot 124Gr +P 1000rds $215

Post by roadrunner »

Sly Dog wrote:I copied these two post from the Sig Forum. Seems like a good deal on 9MM ammo:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WTS Speer 9MM Gold Dot 124Gr +P 1000rds $215. Del. lower 48

chetshntnfsh@optonline.net

1000 round cases of 9MM 124Gr +P GDHP. Must send photocopy of proof of age over 21. Certified/cashiers check or postal MO. NY residents add 8.625% sales tax.

certified/cashiers check or postal MO and photocopy of proof of age to;
Chesters
232 ronkonkoma ave
ronkonkoma NY 11779
Reference the 9mm ammo with payment. Thank You,
Chesters
I have received 1 case ans sent off payment for another... fast shipping... good ammo...GREAT deal.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”