Your thoughts on CZ guns

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Sigshooter
Posts in topic: 2

Your thoughts on CZ guns

Post by Sigshooter »

Just wondering what you fellas think about CZ. Im thinking about picking up a cz75bd. So if you own one or shot one before what do you have to say about them? :D

RatMan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Your thoughts on CZ guns

Post by RatMan »

Sigshooter wrote:Just wondering what you fellas think about CZ. Im thinking about picking up a cz75bd. So if you own one or shot one before what do you have to say about them? :D
See the thread, "Got Me a New Toy - Range Report" in the, "General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion" area.
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

Topic author
Sigshooter

Post by Sigshooter »

^^found it...thanks

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I had a CZ75. Loved it. Great gun. I stil kick myself for trading it. CZ makes a very underrated product.

Warhorse545

Post by Warhorse545 »

Have a CZ 75 compact and it is a great pistol. No problems, no jamming and it shoots dang well. VERY under-rated if you ask me. I would not have a problem getting another CZ.

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

My daily carry is a CZ75B. It has on the close order of 20,000 - 25,000 rounds through it and is still reliable, accurate, and solid. It still prints better than I can hold.

To be honest, I have to admit two slide stops have broken in it - the first at about 15k rounds and the second after an additional maybe 5k. This is very worriesome since a broken slide stop makes for a non-functioning pistol.

I bought the first replacement - figured after a lot of shooting, ok a part breaks. When the second one broke I wrote CZ-USA and Mike Eagleshield, the gunsmith there, sent me a replacement. I keep an eye on it, and put in a shock-buffer for range time (don't trust it for carry - plastic bits can jam a pistol too), and inspect it regularly.

If I *really* did not trust the pistol, I would not carry it. All of this is my long-winded way of saying CZ makes a great pistol, a great value, and you will enjoy yours if you get one - but nothing is absolutely perfect and you need to know of problems people have had, along with all the positive comments.

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

orc4hire

Post by orc4hire »

Last edited by orc4hire on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I replaced my BD with a Sig 226. I like the Sig much better. Specifically, the sights, trigger and accuracy.

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Looking back, it reads like I'm slamming CZ pistols. Nothing could be further from the truth! I think CZ makes an excellent pistol - besides being accurate, strong, and reliable, they are priced lower than what they are "worth" in relation to other makes.

I just wrote about a couple broken parts to make the information balanced - not hold back any negatives at all.

And in fairness, I do (did) shoot the dickens out of my 75B. The range is on the way home from work, and (used to be) I was there almost every day, shooting the CZ. Too lazy to bring other pistols along, that one was always with me, so it got a lot of rounds through it, comparitively.

Not wanting to be speaking badly of CZ pistols at all!

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

dolanp

Post by dolanp »

I don't have one but I have read nothing but good things about them. They sound like an excellent value.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

Trainman

CZ RAMI

Post by Trainman »

I picked up a RAMI 9mm at a gun show a while back. It was sweet! I sure would like to fire a .40 but I would probably have to buy it afterward and then I would be in BIG trouble. ':wink:'

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”