Trophy?
62%

Total votes: 13

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Holster for Gold Cup Trophy

Post by C-dub »

While searching around the net for holsters, I've noticed that there are not a lot for this model. It got me to wondering, though, would the Trophy or NM fit into the same holster as the Government model?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bitter Clinger »

C-dub wrote:While searching around the net for holsters, I've noticed that there are not a lot for this model. It got me to wondering, though, would the Trophy or NM fit into the same holster as the Government model?
Have you considered these?:

https://www.galcogunleather.com/belt-holsters_8_4.html
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
C-dub wrote:While searching around the net for holsters, I've noticed that there are not a lot for this model. It got me to wondering, though, would the Trophy or NM fit into the same holster as the Government model?

I like Glaco. I have had a belt of theirs for several years and am wearing it at this very moment. I browsed their site a couple hours ago and liked the looks of that Royal Deluxe Belt Holster. It even has a 1911 in it in the picture. However, it is only made for Glocks. I sent them a little message about that.

The other issue I'm finding is that it appears that most holsters are made with that forward cant. I really prefer a more straight up design. I find it quicker on the draw and more natural.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

C-dub wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

I like Glaco. I have had a belt of theirs for several years and am wearing it at this very moment. I browsed their site a couple hours ago and liked the looks of that Royal Deluxe Belt Holster. It even has a 1911 in it in the picture. However, it is only made for Glocks. I sent them a little message about that. :grumble

The other issue I'm finding is that it appears that most holsters are made with that forward cant. I really prefer a more straight up design. I find it quicker on the draw and more natural.

EDIT: sorry for the weird double post. I only wanted to add the grumbly smilie.
Last edited by C-dub on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasFlash »

I would think that both grips and holsters would be the same as for the government model 1911.
:txflag:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

AndyC wrote:Other than the grips, a nice little add-on (cheap) is the Wilson Combat checkered frontstrap until/if you get the real thing done:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/107053 ... -checkered
I put one of those on my RIA Compact (officer's size, of course). You can barely see it's there, unless you look closely. It sure gives you a more positive grip.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote:Hearty congrats on your first 1911 :)

Yes, Gov't model holsters will fit it just fine.

I'm with you too on the zero-cant, straight-drop aspect - many designers offer this but here are two favorites:

http://www.miltsparks.com/products-55-bn.php

http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/owb-holsters.html

etc.

Other than the grips, a nice little add-on (cheap) is the Wilson Combat checkered frontstrap until/if you get the real thing done:

Thanks Andy.

I had searched some other threads yesterday and found where you had mentioned that Milt Sparks model. It looks nice! Definitely a front runner at this time. I'll also take a look at the Grizzle stuff. And I'm not exactly sure why, but I also might find some holsters for a couple Ruger Single Sixes that I have and a Redhawk .44Mag.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Pawpaw wrote:
AndyC wrote:Other than the grips, a nice little add-on (cheap) is the Wilson Combat checkered frontstrap until/if you get the real thing done:

I put one of those on my RIA Compact (officer's size, of course). You can barely see it's there, unless you look closely. It sure gives you a more positive grip.
I'll have to think about this. I'll probably wait until I try it with some grips without the from checkering. The wrap around rubber Hogue grips it came with have a more aggressive checkering pattern than I'm used to on my Glocks and one reason why I want to get new grips. Also just for looks.

Topic author
C-dub

Re: Holster & Grips for Gold Cup Trophy

Post by C-dub »

The daughter and I went to the Big Town show today looking for grips. We were very disappointed. Only a few vendors had any at all and usually only 2 or 3 or 4 to choose from. One table all the way on one side had some really nice custom made grips, but with a $295 price tag we had to pass. It looks like I'm going to end up finding something on line and take a chance.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

What would be the least abrasive leather holster for gold cup bluing?

I want to carry mine but I'm generally paranoid that I'll wear the bluing off...its just so nice :mrgreen:

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

parabelum wrote:What would be the least abrasive leather holster for gold cup bluing?

I want to carry mine but I'm generally paranoid that I'll wear the bluing off...its just so nice :mrgreen:
I know what you mean and I'm not sure. I'm even worried about that with mine and it's stainless steel. That'll probably all go away once it gets its first scratch, but until then ...

I've checked out quite a few, but have only saved links to Milt Sparks and Grizzle. I'm still not even sure I want to put it in a holster so I haven't ordered anything yet.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Still considering various holsters. I still can't really decide if I want to carry it at all. The only reason I would probably get a holster is for competition. However, I'm considering something like this.
I would still need something else for any competition, but I like it.

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

My vote goes to the NM.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”