Trophy?
62%

Total votes: 13

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Holster for Gold Cup Trophy

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote:If you're not going to carry it then you could simply use a nice range bag with wool inside to protect the finish.
Ooo, yeah, wool or lamb. I should do that. That would be better. I'm still carrying it in the case it came in.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

AndyC wrote:If you're not going to carry it then you could simply use a nice range bag with wool inside to protect the finish.
Great idea!

I want to carry this one on occasion, I'm just so paranoid about the darn finish.

Maybe there is a holster out there that would not be as abrasive.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Still no holster, but I did find a couple grips. I got these.Image
I had to get a little work done on them to get them to fit properly. The screw holes were a millimeter or two off and the left side didn't clear the little rail between the slide lock lever and the safety properly. The guy up at Shotgun Blasters in north Carrollton did some fine work to get them to fit. They look real sharp. I hope to shoot it this Friday with them on and see how they feel with use.

I also got these.
Nice looking and feel good, but also not fired with them on yet. The logo is not as obvious as it appears in the photo. These are thin, while the Texas grips are a bit thick.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It's been almost two years since I bought this and the wife just discovered it. I actually thought she already had, but apparently I was wrong. I thought she already knew about it because she had been in and out of the safe several times and it's just sitting right there in the shoulder holster I got for it all loaded and ready to go. But, no ...

When I was getting ready to take a trip on the bike a couple weeks ago she asked me if I was going to carry. Because of the riding pants and jacket I normally wear and especially since it was going to be down around freezing and only as high as the 50's where I was going she knew that my normal method of carry wouldn't work. Figuring she already knew about the Colt GC I mentioned that I would carry in a shoulder holster I got and even put it on right in front of her the morning I was taking off. This is not when she discovered it as I would find out almost two weeks later and more than a week after I returned.

After returning I placed it back into the safe and set down a couple more spare mags, in addition to the ones also in the holster, on the table next to my laptop. Several days went by and she noticed the two shiny spare mags and asked me what they were for. I must have had this stupid look on my face because she continued to ask me which Glock they fit in. That's when I realized she didn't know about it yet and hadn't realized what I put on for my trip.

"rlol"

So, I played it off mentioning that I'd had it for a couple years and thought she knew about it. Of course, she wanted to see it. She hasn't wanted to go to the range in 3-4 years, but now wants to go shoot this beautiful gun. That's great because I haven't been able to get her to the range in so long, but now I'm worried my precious will become her precious.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”