Anybody own a Sig P226 in 9mm?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 10

Anybody own a Sig P226 in 9mm?

Post by cmgee67 »

Heavily considering the 226 in 9mm and would like to hear from those who own one

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Anybody own a Sig P226 in 9mm?

Post by JALLEN »

I had one for ~10 years, a 226 Navy. I figured if it was good enough for SAS and SEALS, it would be good enough for me. It was.

What can I tell you?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

My duty weapon is the MK25 model. Awsome firearm.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

patterson
Posts in topic: 1

Post by patterson »

I have a sig p226 with the sig lite sites and newer style grips and so far it has run flawlessly

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I have the Sig 226 in 9mm that is my bedside handgun. It has
XS Big Dot 24/7 sights. It has the short reset trigger and is a fantastic pistol. It is a little big for me to carry or I would. I love the grip on Sigs. I am slowly moving away from some of my Glocks because of the grip.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have a 226 X5 that I keep in the safe next to my bed. It beat out my 1911's (and everything else I have) for accuracy in a head to head shooting contest. I shot 40 rounds from each of my guns using a standard IDPA target at ranges from 10 to 25 yards, both slow and fast, freestyle, and the Sig put every round well within the zero down area (8 inch circle for those not familiar with this target). My best 1911 only managed 36 out of 40 in the same area. Of course, I haven't run my new Les Baer through the test yet......

Getting back to the 226. It's too big for carry if you want to make any pretense at CC, but it is a great gun for any other purpose (home, car, OC, etc). Huge capacity, accurate, reliable, manageable recoil, what's not to like?

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I am about to get on my Local PD and they carry the 226 in 40 so I figured getting the same gun in 9mm I could practice at a much cheaper cost and be used to the same controls and sight picture. Ive held the 226 many times and been in loves with it. When I held it again the other day it reminded me again the grip just feels like home. It's the best I have felt on a pistol and I even like it better than my 1911 I had.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

We've got a Mk25 D in the shop that keeps whispering, "take me home, take me home." :drool:

The 226 in 9 is terrific. You won't be disappointed.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by Soap »

I carry a M11a1, basically a scaled down version. I love all Sigs just about. Heavy to carry but its worth it.

dragun

Post by dragun »

I have the 226 Tacops and it is just a phenomenal firearm. There is a reason the 226 has the reputation that it does. While it is a full size gun, the balance of it makes it a very easy shooting firearm and feels great from an ergonomic standpoint. Just feels perfect when shooting. I own a bunch of sigs including a legion and my 226 Tacops is definetly a favorite. This gun for me an incredibly accurate and so easy to shoot, love everything about it. Added some hogue grips to it and it's perfect for me.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

The Glock has the same design as the Luger and points high. The 226 does not. I can shoot the Glock and many people are never bothered by the grip, but I am. That is something Sig got right was the grip. I carry the 229 and 228 often and the grip is good, but there is something about the grip on the 229 that puts it at the top of the list.

allisji

Post by allisji »

cmgee67 wrote:I am about to get on my Local PD and they carry the 226 in 40 so I figured getting the same gun in 9mm I could practice at a much cheaper cost and be used to the same controls and sight picture. Ive held the 226 many times and been in loves with it. When I held it again the other day it reminded me again the grip just feels like home. It's the best I have felt on a pistol and I even like it better than my 1911 I had.
You'll have to do a lot of practicing to pay out the cost of the firearm based on the lower cost of ammo.

Let's say that you get the gun for $800, and that the 9mm FMJ target ammo is $0.05 less than .40 S&W.

You'll have to put 16,000 rds through it before it pays out. And if you factor that you could invest your $800 and gain interest, then it's even more ammo.

So basically, buy the gun because you love the gun. Not because you think you'll save money in the long run. I have the Sig P239 in 9mm which is basically the compact, single stack version. It's a fantastic gun and easily concealable.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Oh I'm not buying the gun just to save money I'm buying it cuz it's amazing and feeeeeeelllls so good in the band and love the way it handles! I'll be picking one up in a week or two and I seriously can't wait!

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasTornado »

Scott B. wrote:We've got a Mk25 D in the shop that keeps whispering, "take me home, take me home." :drool:

The 226 in 9 is terrific. You won't be disappointed.
Why on earth haven't you taken the baby home then? That's just mean. How can you be so heartless when it's begging for a good home?
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasTornado »

cmgee67 wrote:Oh I'm not buying the gun just to save money I'm buying it cuz it's amazing and feeeeeeelllls so good in the band and love the way it handles! I'll be picking one up in a week or two and I seriously can't wait!
I had doubts when I got mine. It didn't have a manual safety and it's BIG (at least for tiny girl hands) but I couldn't be happier with it. I love it and my mom and dad both have tried to steal it. Lesson: if it's good enough for the Texas Rangers and the Navy SEALs...yea just roll with it & don't argue.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”