Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: GlOcK 19 poll

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
AndyC wrote:You shouldn't, either - of all the Glocks, the 19 is the good one (in my not-so-humble, completely 1911-biased opinion) ;-)
You're right. Aside from sentimental value, I also have more invested in that gun than I could ever come close to recouping. Ghost trigger bar, extended mag release, extended takedown lever, night sights, Wilson Combat match grade barrel. I think I will just make it my officially designated car gun now that I have installed the Alien gear mount next to my right leg.

Plus with the possibility of HRH winning, I am not too excited to sell any of my guns. Maybe I just need another safe instead?
Did the match grade bbl produce a noticeable improvement? If yes, were you able to quantify? Thx!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:You shouldn't, either - of all the Glocks, the 19 is the good one (in my not-so-humble, completely 1911-biased opinion) ;-)
It is the one pistol which this 1911-owner/lover carries virtually daily. And on the days when I'm not carrying my G19, it's because I'm carrying either my G17 or my G43. A G26 is on the future acquisitions list.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

comp73
Posts in topic: 1

Post by comp73 »

While I love my HK USPc, the G19 is my EDC using an alien gear IWB holster.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

My Sig 226 is my favorite pistol but the 19 has been here since day one and it has to much sentimental value and is priceless to me.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
You're right. Aside from sentimental value, I also have more invested in that gun than I could ever come close to recouping. Ghost trigger bar, extended mag release, extended takedown lever, night sights, Wilson Combat match grade barrel. I think I will just make it my officially designated car gun now that I have installed the Alien gear mount next to my right leg.

Plus with the possibility of HRH winning, I am not too excited to sell any of my guns. Maybe I just need another safe instead?
Did the match grade bbl produce a noticeable improvement? If yes, were you able to quantify? Thx!
I hate to say it (because I really do like WC products), but there was no noticeable improvement for me, personally. That could have been on me, since I am definitely not an expert marksman. There was a little tightening of my groups, but nothing remarkable, and the G19 is still not as accurate, for me, as my other, similarly sized pistols. Of course, I am comparing it to things like a Sig P226, CZ Shadow, and 1911's. To be fair, a Glock 19 is not trying to be any of those guns, even with a fancy barrel.

SoloXCRacer

Post by SoloXCRacer »

I alternate between my Glock 19 Gen4 and M&P Shield. Just depends what I'm wearing.

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

The 19 is a "sweet spot" in the Glock range for the cartridge, capacity, control, and concealment. Big enough to get a grip on; small enough to hide with some effort; enough 9mm rounds for most short-range interpersonal confrontations; fair sights, sight radius, and trigger out of the box.

It's not my choice for carry, but I wouldn't feel poorly armed with one.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

romeofox

Post by romeofox »

:iagree: My 19 gen3 went into the safe when the 26 g4 got the ghost connector and plunger work done that smoothed out the trigger. I swapped it over to left hand and thoroughly broke it in retraining myself (30+ yrs of 1911) to eject with my L thumb rather than my L middle finger. 000's of rounds later and it's still not "natural". A 26 with +2 extension backed up by 2X17 round mags is tough competition for my favorite (Kimber) 7+1 w/2x7 back up.

Hard to explain but a 1911 is just kinda like holding a cigarette 10 years after you've quit...just feels right!

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

I hate to say it (because I really do like WC products), but there was no noticeable improvement for me, personally. That could have been on me, since I am definitely not an expert marksman. There was a little tightening of my groups, but nothing remarkable, and the G19 is still not as accurate, for me, as my other, similarly sized pistols. Of course, I am comparing it to things like a Sig P226, CZ Shadow, and 1911's. To be fair, a Glock 19 is not trying to be any of those guns, even with a fancy barrel.
Thanks for the response /honest feedback. I find the same thing, I am not as accurate with my G 17 or G19 as I am with my other 9mm pistols, except for the G43, that little pistol is amazing!!!!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I prefer the Glock 17, but my daily carry is a G19 in a Raven Phantom with the pancake wings on a nylon velcro inner belt... no clips or anything show over my belt.

Evenings and weekends are a G17, sometimes a G21.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

thaidragon

Post by thaidragon »

Depending on what I wear, i normally carry my g26 iwb. Sometimes when I throw on a jacket, I'll carry my g19 instead . But both feels great iwb. Was debating on getting a shoulder holster for the winter time tho.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

I carry my 19 90% of the time. Sometimes I'll carry a 26, and occasionally my 1911 or PMR 30.

bulletslap

Post by bulletslap »

A 19 Gen2 has been my general carry pistol, well since the Gen2 was the last especially 'thing' :cool:

gguess66

Post by gguess66 »

I am currently caring my my shield in a .40, however I am looking at a Clock 19 gen 4 MOS or wait for the Gen 5 (depends on the election) but also thought of the Clock 23. I do own 2 other 9. Keep it mostly at 1 caliber. thoughts?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cmgee67 wrote:I carry a gen3 G19 everyday and have since I got my LTC last November with the exception of a couple others in rotation but about 95% is the G19. Who else carries the 19?
'Cause it's a better gun than that cheesy P226, right? "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”