Full size carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Full size carry

Post by cmgee67 »

I have figured out the right combo to carry a full sized gun and the gun I have switched to is the sig p226. I switched to a full size gun because Its easier to manipulate easier to shoot and the capacity is there. Now you can argue that a Glock 19 has the same cap in a smaller package and I'd tell you your right because that's what I carried until now. But while I love my Glock it just doesn't feel the best in the hand. When I grab my Sig it melts into my hand and they become one. (Especially with the E2 grips)
But my combo is a beltman belt and a Vedder holsters light tuck kydex iwb in zombie green. With the right belt/holster and adjustment on your holster you can conceal and full sized gun easily and comfortably. Who else carries a full sized gun?

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Full size carry

Post by Javier730 »

I occasionally carry a Glock 21SF and a FN Five Seven. I feel comfortable with both and don't have any problem concealing them. It feels great when switching back from the 21SF to the smaller 23 though.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ever since I got my Safariland 7TS holster for my 21SF with TLR1 I've carries it most of the time and hardly carried the 30SF without a light at all.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Full size M&P 9 OWB DeSantis scabbard with thumb break.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Commander 1911 in .45 in a D.M. Bullard Dual Carry with two spare magazines.

Working into carrying my Browning Hi Power. Right belt and holster is all it takes.

I am not a polymer hater or a Glock hater i own several Glocks (wife carries one) and from time to time I carry them. There is just something about full steel pistol in leather.

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

While my EDC is an XDs, depending on the circumstance I will carry either my Springfield full-size XD Tactical or my CZ 97BD. Both IWB.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

flechero

Post by flechero »

carlson1 wrote:Commander 1911 in .45 in a D.M. Bullard Dual Carry with two spare magazines.

Working into carrying my Browning Hi Power. Right belt and holster is all it takes.

I am not a polymer hater or a Glock hater i own several Glocks (wife carries one) and from time to time I carry them. There is just something about full steel pistol in leather.
There is never a need to defend your choice of a 1911!!

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

[quote="carlson1"]Commander 1911 in .45 in a D.M. Bullard Dual Carry with two spare magazines.

I favor the same configuration, unless I'm going into a mall or a city. Then my rig is usually a full size high cap 9mm and 2 spare mags.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

patterson
Posts in topic: 4

Post by patterson »

I carry a full size 1911 with a 8 round magazine in a OWB holster

JohnS-TX

Post by JohnS-TX »

I carry a full size 1911 in a custom cross-draw holster (very comfortable in the car).

MP(Ret)95B

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

Ruger P-89DC (or P-90DC, depending on how I feel that day).
On off days I carry my Taurus PT140 Millenium G2. Again, depends on wardrobe and temperature/humidity.
Like the feel of steel on my hip....even though it's heavier.
:patriot:<MP(Ret)95B> :txflag:

ELB

Post by ELB »

carlson1 wrote: Working into carrying my Browning Hi Power. Right belt and holster is all it takes.
I carried a BHP for years, and it feels the best in my hand and being so flat I found it easily concealable. I switched to Glock 19 when I had to have some repairs on the HP, and I like the no-manual-safety and finish of the Glock better. If I win a huge lotto, I'm having somebody design me a polymer & steel-with-durable-finish striker fired pistol in the form factor of a BHP, tho.
USAF 1982-2005

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

Taurus PT100 .40 is my go to when attending largely attended public locations (malls, outdoor areas) using OWB leather holster CC under untucked shirt - conceals quite well with 15 deg. forward cant at 3. Otherwise, normal EDC PT740 Slim with extended mag. Both with two spare mags on off side or truck door pocket.

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

When I am going somewhere with crowds or am out in the woods I carry my xdm 4.5 40 own in a wright leather works holster. Untucked Magellan fishing shirt covers it just fine. The extra 10 rounds over the LCP I carry to work make me feel a lot better in crowded areas.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”