Full size carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Full size carry

Post by flechero »

AndyC wrote:
Jusme wrote:I guess the thread has decended into the question of does size really matter?
The answer is yes :cool:
I agree, but only if you actually carry it... ;-)

Lets not forget (for the sake of those new to CC) that any gun with you beats no gun. The gun you shoot best, that you will actually carry, is the right gun. For lots of us, that means multiple guns in the rotation because of different wardrobe or concealment requirements.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

I own and carry 2 full sized handguns.

A Berretta P92 Holstered in a Serpa Blackhawk It is my setup if I am to open carry. With a 4.9 inch barrel and 20 round mag I think it qualifies as a full size. I mostly use a cheap Uncle Mikes holster (Nylon Taco) and use that set up as a concealed SOB carry. to answer the door or to take a walk.

I have a Ruger stainless P95 holstered in a Don Hume JIT. It's my Bedroom and car gun. While not My EDC. I wear it on regular basis concealed at about 4:00. This gun is reliable and trustworthy. I am not sure if this is considered a full size because the barrel is 3.9 inches.

While neither handgun is my EDC I do carry both of them on a regular basis. Both are an important part my families security.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I am rapidly becoming a fan of the FN 509.

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

tonight @lightup arlington, i'll have my mp2.0 with 3mags. have a safe 4th of july everyone!! :patriot: :txflag:
'got to Texas ASAIC.

patterson
Posts in topic: 4

Post by patterson »

My next pistol i plan on getting is a HK 45 compact but it is kinda on the large size for a compact at 7.24 inch length

patterson
Posts in topic: 4

Post by patterson »

But like the OP I have carried a Sig P226 and its length is 7.7 inches so I should have no problem putting a HK 45 compact into the rotation when one joins the family

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”