Glock or Sig

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gguess66
Posts in topic: 5

Glock or Sig

Post by gguess66 »

Thoughts on the Glock MOS or the Sig P320RX?

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glock or Sig

Post by DevilDawg »

More of a brand vs platform which is weird as I don't want or own either. But with Sig's QC issues of late and Glock legendary "just freaking works" status would cast a vote for the Glock. This is just mi dos centavos

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I would vote Glock for the above reason, but I'm also partial to Glocks since I've owned 4 different ones and still own two. And my EDC is a 21SF.

However, I've been considering that a Sig in either 9mm or .45ACP might be in my future. Or maybe my wife's future if she likes them. Even my 21SF and 30SF grips are a little big for her hands. I'm not sure if the grips are any or that much smaller in diameter, but they don't look as chunky as my Glocks.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Glock :smash:

Scott65

Post by Scott65 »

Sig

EODgunner

Post by EODgunner »

It's my opinion that the p320 is a better gun out of the box. The trigger is a lot nicer. With that the Glock guns have a much larger fan base, contributing to more aftermarket parts. So to me the real question is do you want a gun or a project. Once again don't take it the wrong way, project are fun. Those who own or owned glocks have more then likely put their own spin to it sometimes spending more on parts to change out on the gun then the gun itself.

goose

Post by goose »

Anyone can make any gun a project if they want. Claiming that Glocks in general are projects seems disingenuous. Can it be done? Sure. Does it have to be done? Hardly, or rarely. I have two Glocks that are completely factory, one with a lightened trigger connector ($20) and one with a youtube .25 cent trigger job and lightened connector ($20). I'm pretty confident we can find examples of tricked out Sigs that have more upgrade dollars than purchase price. That doesn't mean those upgrades were needed for the Sig to be EDC ready or functional. Same for Glocks. I guess you could call a Glock a project because the MOS version don't come with a red dot factory installed. The Sig does. But any gun shop worth it's salt could have the MOS fitted out with your choice of red dot before you ever laid hands on it, if that is the goal.

I would say rather than buying into hype from either the fan base or the detractors, shoot both. If both fit your hand well and hit well, then get into which one you like better and why. If one shoots better for you, you may have your answer. Pistol fit to a person's individual biomechanics is much more critical, IMO, than brand loyalty. I like my Glocks because they shoot well for me. I am a fanboy because they shoot well for me. I am comfortable with the fact that they may not shoot well for others.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

goose wrote:Anyone can make any gun a project if they want. Claiming that Glocks in general are projects seems disingenuous. Can it be done? Sure. Does it have to be done? Hardly, or rarely. I have two Glocks that are completely factory, one with a lightened trigger connector ($20) and one with a youtube .25 cent trigger job and lightened connector ($20). I'm pretty confident we can find examples of tricked out Sigs that have more upgrade dollars than purchase price. That doesn't mean those upgrades were needed for the Sig to be EDC ready or functional. Same for Glocks. I guess you could call a Glock a project because the MOS version don't come with a red dot factory installed. The Sig does. But any gun shop worth it's salt could have the MOS fitted out with your choice of red dot before you ever laid hands on it, if that is the goal.

I would say rather than buying into hype from either the fan base or the detractors, shoot both. If both fit your hand well and hit well, then get into which one you like better and why. If one shoots better for you, you may have your answer. Pistol fit to a person's individual biomechanics is much more critical, IMO, than brand loyalty. I like my Glocks because they shoot well for me. I am a fanboy because they shoot well for me. I am comfortable with the fact that they may not shoot well for others.
:iagree: Over the years I can not think of anyone shooting a Glock or Sig have a failure or problem shooting these pistols. I cannot say that about any other pistol other than the Makarov. (I am only talking about the pistols that students regularly show up with and it has been well over a year since a new student has showed up with a Makarov)
The biggest problem I see with student new pistols are the are shooting them right out of the box at class or they have only shot a couple of "clips" in them and they did not clean and lubricate the pistol after shooting or out of the box. Out of the box pistols should be cleaned out of the box. IMNSHO.
Buy what is best for you and not your buddy or instructor.
Or, Or you could get both :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

majorr

Post by majorr »

Both are awesome as far as I'm concerned. It just comes down to personal preference and I prefer the Glock.

rentz

Post by rentz »

AndyC wrote:Which one feels better to you?
bingo! hold them both whichever feels better get that one.
some like the glock angle and feel some dont.

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

I love Glock and Sig. I have owned 4 glocks and 1 sig. the sig I own and currently carry is the P226. The only Glock I own now is the 19. I would trust both with my life. And to those who are saying QC issues with sig? I say in my experience no way. If you ran my 226 for a weekend you would set the Glock down in a heartbeat as far a quality accuracy and ergos go and well as far as everything else goes. But to each his own. I wouldn't hesitate with sig or Glock. Both work and will work. My best advice to you is try both and find out which you like more or if funds allow get both.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

In all fairness: As for Glocks QC issues as of late would like to point out just examples, the history with the 9mm Gen4 Glocks and the much more recent Glcok 17M as tested by Indianapolis Metro PD. "rlol" :evil2: :smash:

All manufacturers have Quality Control issues from time to time, we are talking Sig and Glock here not Hi-Point or Jennings so QC issues are fairly minimal. My advice would be to shoot both guns if you can find folks at the range with them or a range that rents them and then decide.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I had my Sig P220 compact before my Glock 19. I loved the Sig but wanted higher capacity and I was surprised how much I loved the Glock as I bought into the anti Glock rhetoric. For me Glock and then my Sig as a close second.
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”