Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glock or Sig

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

CZ. Sorry, I just had to do that.

To follow up on AndyC's comment about which one feels better, you can just go to Home Depot and grab a 2"X4". If it feels good, get the Glock.

I called SIG several weeks ago to ask about an ambidextrous safety for Martha's P238. I commented that either the P238 or P938 must be their best-selling handgun, but he said it was the P320. I found that very interesting.

BTW, I have Glocks, SIGs and CZs. Of course, I have more 1911s but . . .

Chas.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Lena wrote:Some years back when I set up matches I had 1 last stage some different, optional to shoot or not, but if you did it was an eye opener, just 1 shot stage 5 yds, ammo must be factory carry.
Had to be carry pistol, 1 shot, factory carry ammo, you score counted or if any reason and malfunction it went to zero for the match. you had to start with a loaded magazine 1 round then load and fire and any malfunction and your zero for the match.
All Sigs and Glocks did fine some others actually did not feed, ejection was also considered a malfunction if failed to do so, slide not locked back zero. We had 3 shooters go to zero on this stage. 1 failure to chamber 1 round,1 fail to eject and jammed on empty and honestly I cant remember the other but 3-4 total out of 30 or so shooters I think it was a light striker or firing pin fall due to the trigger job. Just remembered we did have 1 revolver shooter that loaded the wrong hole in the cylinder and it clicked, so there was 4.
We did have 1 not shoot it as he said it was stupid to do.

My old Sig226 has never ever had any problems same as my 2nd gen Glock 32 357 Sig, my 2 daily carry guns for years. Gone to the G32 99% now with an occasional S&W Shield 45 day thrown in.
Thanks for reminding me! In over 600 rounds, not a single malfunction of any kind with the Springfield! My buddy was shooting a Glock that had been modified (I think by Wilson) and it had a very light (2.5 lb?) trigger. It failed to eject a few times but we think that may have been ammo related. He was running some Czech 9mm that he got for ~$0.10 /round if memory serves...
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:CZ. Sorry, I just had to do that.

To follow up on AndyC's comment about which one feels better, you can just go to Home Depot and grab a 2"X4". If it feels good, get the Glock.

I called SIG several weeks ago to ask about an ambidextrous safety for Martha's P238. I commented that either the P238 or P938 must be their best-selling handgun, but he said it was the P320. I found that very interesting.

BTW, I have Glocks, SIGs and CZs. Of course, I have more 1911s but . . .

Chas.
I thought that the expression was "slap leather", not "grab wood"? "rlol"
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I bought my first Glock around 1995, a gen2 21 and I became a fan of them. If I am carrying, it will be a Glock of some number.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

When it comes to guns, I prefer extreme reliability to extreme accuracy. Give me an AK over an AR any day. When I first got my CHL in 2008, I got a Glock 19. I went on to own a total of 7 different Glock models (including those I have since sold), along with guns from CZ, Sig, Kahr, S&W, Taurus, and Kel-Tec. And a plethora of 1911's.

Guess what, every single gun I have ever owned has had at least one failure at some point, including the Glocks. None of them are infallible. But I have been able to get most all of them to a failure rate of 1% or less. This is why I practice failure drills on a regular basis. It's also why I carry a back-up (preferably a revolver) whenever it is feasible to do so.

Like I said, I prefer reliability to accuracy. I currently own a Glock 26 and a Glock 19. I have several really nice holsters for each of them. And they sit in my safe. I carry a 1911 every day. I just have not seen a noticeable difference in reliability, but I do see a marked difference in accuracy.

If I was only choosing between Glock and Sig for carry, I would pick Sig. For competition or home defense, I would be even more likely to choose Sig.

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Glock

I alternate between the 26 as primary but will also take a 19 or 30 out with light if I can plan ahead for such a event. But majority of time G-26
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

KHickam
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KHickam »

KurtFTW wrote:
KHickam wrote:Both me and my gal have Sig P320 mine is Compact hers is Carry - mine holds 15 hers holds 17 rounds of 9mm. It is a fully modular gun - fully interchangeable with all componets except 45 auto components.

I like the trigger best and the grip angle is very good for us.
I also own a Sig P320. I have loved this pistol since the day it was in my hands. I also have the Compact 9mm. I've also held and shot Glocks before and they are nice guns, but the Sig just fits me better. So to go with the not really a cop out, but kinda sorta is answer, whatever fits your hands and your style of shooting is what works as both platforms are great guns in my opinion.

KHickam, what type of holster do you use and how do you normally carry your Sig? I'm just waiting on plastic in the mail (was mailed today :thumbs2: ).
I'd like to know how others conceal and manage the slight bulkiness of the Sig P320.
I have two - but I mostly OC - I have a Safariland GLS that I like alot and just a regular leather holster that I can carry open on concealed -
"Be strong, be of good courage, God Bless America, Long live the Republic." SootchOO

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Since I originally posted about my wanting info about this as well the decision has been made by my wife as her main shooting (not edc) gun is the Sig P320RX which we got at Cabela's at a very good price ($812 tax included). The red dot was not factory set as they advertise but was easy to sight in. The gun has never failed, feels very good, is easy to take down, shoots great and handles everything she has fed it. I personally am only so-so with it but it's not mine. The wife loves Sig and the way Cabela's priced it the red dot was essentially free. It has the elevated co-witness sights and really nothing needs to be done to add to it. The Glocks need new sights plus you have to buy a red dot. My wife is a better shot than I am so as long as she is happy so am I.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”